Power meters · Public discussion

Powertap Torque Test - Garmin 800

Started by Felt_Rider · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,248 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
2 January 2012
Last activity
2 January 2012
Original author
Felt_Rider
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,248
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Now is a good time to check the new PT for a quick a torque test, but I must admit I was a little hasty in the process today and used some inaccurate measures and came up with a 5% difference so I will come back in a couple of weeks and give it another try with hopefully better methods and measure. I am pretty sure mine is within the 2% acceptable range. I really hope anyway.

    However, if you are new to this and are interested in the process for testing your Powertap with either the Cervo (PT yellow computer) or the Garmin 800 or 500 here is the process that I used on my blog.

    2010 Test with Powertap Cervo - thecyclingaddiction.blogspot.compowertap torque test rough initial test.html

    2012 Test with Garmin 800 - thecyclingaddiction.blogspot.com2012 torque test garmin 800.html

    In 2010 I had about a six months of bad data because I did not know about periodic testing.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.