Powertuned

stumped

Nov 21, 2004
Has anyone here had a chance to play with the Powertuned application?

I've had a chance to play with it on a limited basis and it seems to be a bit more robust compared to the Power-Tap Link application. The only thing I can't seem to do is find a good link to register for an account back to (I guess Saris) which will allow for uploading the cvs files for further analysis. If anyone is using the new application, have you had the same problem?

Thanks,

stumped

cbjesseeNH said:
Please post a web link - I can't Google it ..

Here's the link to the Powertuned application. If you haven't seen it, and you use a powertap, it's kind of cool.

I called Saris today to inquire about the online account. It was suppose to be up and available back on the 15th. Bug in the system though prevented it from going live. I was told it would soon though.

stumped.

My experience so far isn't good. I can't seem to import my old data and it's absolutely hilarious that the graph window says "Dundas Chart - Evaluation Mode Enabled for testing purposes only". Oops... someone forgot to use the legally distributable version of the graph control.

The help button dumps me to the useless CycleOps web support page. I can't find a way to switch the units from imperial. I still can't import data so I figured I'd connect the PT and see if I can communicate with it... after making a change to the PT unit's settings the software throws an error and says "index was outside the bounds of the array. datalayer"

I'll be staying with my weird hybrid of Polar Precision Performance software and CyclingPeaks, I think.

F1_Fan said:
My experience so far isn't good. I can't seem to import my old data and it's absolutely hilarious that the graph window says "Dundas Chart - Evaluation Mode Enabled for testing purposes only". Oops... someone forgot to use the legally distributable version of the graph control.

The help button dumps me to the useless CycleOps web support page. I can't find a way to switch the units from imperial. I still can't import data so I figured I'd connect the PT and see if I can communicate with it... after making a change to the PT unit's settings the software throws an error and says "index was outside the bounds of the array. datalayer"

I'll be staying with my weird hybrid of Polar Precision Performance software and CyclingPeaks, I think.

Exactly the same experience - cannot believe I cannot bulk import CP files - that alone will stop me ever moving. Saris informed me that the link and online diary etc are a long way off and maybe 2nd 1/4 06. It has some potential but needs the functionality and ability to customise charts etc if it is to lure us CP users back.

I contacted Cyclops re: Powertuned. The short answer is the application is incomplete, and a little behind schedule. You may have noticed something was up when you couldn't register. At any rate they are working hard to get things wrapped up and get the project underway. So until they are done, I'll withhold my final judgement.

HR