PR: Singulair (for those of you with EIA, read!)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    I've been on a new Asthma med recently, because the albuterol inhaler just wasn't cutting it.
    basically, it would just prolong the time I had of nasty symptoms before the full on attack. After I
    got the attack, I was basically fine (although still not 100%) for a few hours, so it was easier for
    me, and made me faster, to just get an attack, rest, then go.

    Now I'm on Singulair, which is a once-a-day pill. It only works for about 50% of the population,
    IIRC, and its not technically for exercise induced asthma (by the FDA), but it definitely works for
    me. Since taking it, for about a month now, I haven't had one attack on the trail. I did have a
    little bit of wheezing yesterday, but I realized that I forgot to take it the night before. oops.
    Before the pill, it was usually 75% or more of my rides where I'd get an attack, and 90%+ for
    getting nasty symptoms.

    My legs are actually hurting me today (after 5 rides in 4 days, and 2 hours of ultimate frisbee),
    because they were actually the limiting factor this time, not my lungs.

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. *John*

    *John* Guest

    I hear ya! I just switched from Acelate to Sigulair a week ago and can already feel the difference!

  3. On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:01:16 GMT, "*John*" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |I hear ya! I just switched from Acelate to Sigulair a week ago and can |already feel the
    difference!

    Switched from Claritin, Flovent, and Albuterol to Singulair, Advair, and Floradil and the difference
    is night and day.

  4. "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've been on a new Asthma med recently, because the albuterol inhaler just wasn't cutting it.
    > basically, it would just prolong the time I had of
    nasty
    > symptoms before the full on attack. After I got the attack, I was
    basically
    > fine (although still not 100%) for a few hours, so it was easier for me,
    and
    > made me faster, to just get an attack, rest, then go.
    >
    > Now I'm on Singulair, which is a once-a-day pill. It only works for about 50% of the population,
    > IIRC, and its not technically for exercise induced asthma (by the FDA), but it definitely works
    > for me. Since taking it, for about a month now, I haven't had one attack on the trail. I did have
    > a little bit of wheezing yesterday, but I realized that I forgot to take it the night before.
    > oops. Before the pill, it was usually 75% or more of
    my
    > rides where I'd get an attack, and 90%+ for getting nasty symptoms.
    >
    > My legs are actually hurting me today (after 5 rides in 4 days, and 2
    hours
    > of ultimate frisbee), because they were actually the limiting factor this time, not my lungs.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Excellent Jon, glad to hear it. Now maybe you will find the limits of that blur and get a proper
    bike...<joking the blur looks mint>

    Steve E.