PR: Singulair (for those of you with EIA, read!)

Jon Bond

Guest
I've been on a new Asthma med recently, because the albuterol inhaler just wasn't cutting it.
basically, it would just prolong the time I had of nasty symptoms before the full on attack. After I
got the attack, I was basically fine (although still not 100%) for a few hours, so it was easier for
me, and made me faster, to just get an attack, rest, then go.

Now I'm on Singulair, which is a once-a-day pill. It only works for about 50% of the population,
IIRC, and its not technically for exercise induced asthma (by the FDA), but it definitely works for
me. Since taking it, for about a month now, I haven't had one attack on the trail. I did have a
little bit of wheezing yesterday, but I realized that I forgot to take it the night before. oops.
Before the pill, it was usually 75% or more of my rides where I'd get an attack, and 90%+ for
getting nasty symptoms.

My legs are actually hurting me today (after 5 rides in 4 days, and 2 hours of ultimate frisbee),
because they were actually the limiting factor this time, not my lungs.

Jon Bond

I hear ya! I just switched from Acelate to Sigulair a week ago and can already feel the difference!

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:01:16 GMT, "*John*" <[email protected]> wrote:

|I hear ya! I just switched from Acelate to Sigulair a week ago and can |already feel the
difference!

Switched from Claritin, Flovent, and Albuterol to Singulair, Advair, and Floradil and the difference
is night and day.

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been on a new Asthma med recently, because the albuterol inhaler just wasn't cutting it.
> basically, it would just prolong the time I had of
nasty
> symptoms before the full on attack. After I got the attack, I was
basically
> fine (although still not 100%) for a few hours, so it was easier for me,
and
> made me faster, to just get an attack, rest, then go.
>
> Now I'm on Singulair, which is a once-a-day pill. It only works for about 50% of the population,
> IIRC, and its not technically for exercise induced asthma (by the FDA), but it definitely works
> for me. Since taking it, for about a month now, I haven't had one attack on the trail. I did have
> a little bit of wheezing yesterday, but I realized that I forgot to take it the night before.
> oops. Before the pill, it was usually 75% or more of
my
> rides where I'd get an attack, and 90%+ for getting nasty symptoms.
>
> My legs are actually hurting me today (after 5 rides in 4 days, and 2
hours
> of ultimate frisbee), because they were actually the limiting factor this time, not my lungs.
>
> Jon Bond

Excellent Jon, glad to hear it. Now maybe you will find the limits of that blur and get a proper
bike...<joking the blur looks mint>

Steve E.