PR! Whooo-hooooo! :-)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, May 23, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    <big grins and massive grins and several big 'whoo-hooooo's'!!!!!!!!>

    Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi 26x2.6's have arrived, and I shall
    be taking possession of them at about 4:20 p.m. Total is gonna be about £60, but I left £25 with
    them the other day.

    This will be the first time I've had a *pair* of these, as previously, I had one on the back, and a
    2.3 version on the front (still great handling). When the front needed replacing, I couldn't wait
    for an order for one of the
    2.6's to be filled (at the time, he estimated up to 4 weeks, and I had to _ride_), so I went with
    the similarly priced Maxxis Mobster 2.7 (actually not as wide as the Gazz 2.6). While this was a
    reasonably good tyre, it just wasn't a patch on the big Gazz, or even the 2.3 - the Maxxis just
    never inspired me with the same cornering confidence off-road.

    Hoping to get out in the dirt this Sunday, condition of my back permitting (yes, I know Bomba, and
    I'm on it, thanks dude! ',;~}~), and I just know I'm gonna have some serious high traction fun, no
    matter the ground conditions (and I know it's gonna be messy, I am after all in the North of
    England, and it is summer, heheheh......).

    ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - So what, I'm excitably enthusiastic.....heheheheheheh!

    Tags:

  2. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > <big grins and massive grins and several big 'whoo-hooooo's'!!!!!!!!>
    >

    > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi 26x2.6's have arrived, and I
    > shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20 p.m. Total is gonna be about £60, but I left £25
    > with them the other day.
    >
    > This will be the first time I've had a *pair* of these, as previously, I
    had
    > one on the back, and a 2.3 version on the front (still great handling).
    When
    > the front needed replacing, I couldn't wait for an order for one of the
    > 2.6's to be filled (at the time, he estimated up to 4 weeks, and I had to _ride_), so I went with
    > the similarly priced Maxxis Mobster 2.7 (actually not as wide as the Gazz 2.6). While this was a
    > reasonably good tyre, it
    just
    > wasn't a patch on the big Gazz, or even the 2.3 - the Maxxis just never inspired me with the same
    > cornering confidence off-road.
    >
    > Hoping to get out in the dirt this Sunday, condition of my back permitting (yes, I know Bomba, and
    > I'm on it, thanks dude! ',;~}~), and I just know
    I'm
    > gonna have some serious high traction fun, no matter the ground conditions (and I know it's gonna
    > be messy, I am after all in the North of England,
    and
    > it is summer, heheheh......).
    >
    > ',;~}~
    >
    > Shaun aRe - So what, I'm excitably enthusiastic.....heheheheheheh!

    Have fun. Don't forget to let us know if they live up to expectations!
    --
    Westie

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Westie <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > <big grins and massive grins and several big 'whoo-hooooo's'!!!!!!!!>
    > >

    > > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi
    26x2.6's
    > > have arrived, and I shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20
    p.m.
    > > Total is gonna be about £60, but I left £25 with them the other day.
    > >
    > > This will be the first time I've had a *pair* of these, as previously, I
    > had
    > > one on the back, and a 2.3 version on the front (still great handling).
    > When
    > > the front needed replacing, I couldn't wait for an order for one of the
    > > 2.6's to be filled (at the time, he estimated up to 4 weeks, and I had
    > > _ride_), so I went with the similarly priced Maxxis Mobster 2.7
    (actually
    > > not as wide as the Gazz 2.6). While this was a reasonably good tyre, it
    > just
    > > wasn't a patch on the big Gazz, or even the 2.3 - the Maxxis just never inspired me with the
    > > same cornering confidence off-road.
    > >
    > > Hoping to get out in the dirt this Sunday, condition of my back
    permitting
    > > (yes, I know Bomba, and I'm on it, thanks dude! ',;~}~), and I just know
    > I'm
    > > gonna have some serious high traction fun, no matter the ground
    conditions
    > > (and I know it's gonna be messy, I am after all in the North of England,
    > and
    > > it is summer, heheheh......).
    > >
    > > ',;~}~
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - So what, I'm excitably enthusiastic.....heheheheheheh!
    > >

    > Have fun.

    Oh, I will thanks!

    > Don't forget to let us know if they live up to expectations!

    They will - Like I said, I've been running one on the back for a while, and it's been fantastic
    (just heavy), and I've run a 2.3 version up front before, and that bit very well, so, I pretty much
    know what I'm in for ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - But if I do get out, there will be an RR, dontcha worry.

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > <big grins and massive grins and several big 'whoo-hooooo's'!!!!!!!!>
    >

    > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi 26x2.6's have arrived, and I
    > shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20 p.m. Total is gonna be about £60, but I left £25
    > with them the other day.
    >
    > This will be the first time I've had a *pair* of these, as previously, I had one on the back, and
    > a 2.3 version on the front (still great handling). When the front needed replacing, I couldn't
    > wait for an order for one of the
    > 2.6's to be filled (at the time, he estimated up to 4 weeks, and I had to _ride_), so I went with
    > the similarly priced Maxxis Mobster 2.7 (actually not as wide as the Gazz 2.6). While this was a
    > reasonably good tyre, it just wasn't a patch on the big Gazz, or even the 2.3 - the Maxxis just
    > never inspired me with the same cornering confidence off-road.
    >
    > Hoping to get out in the dirt this Sunday, condition of my back permitting (yes, I know Bomba, and
    > I'm on it, thanks dude! ',;~}~), and I just know I'm gonna have some serious high traction fun, no
    > matter the ground conditions (and I know it's gonna be messy, I am after all in the North of
    > England, and it is summer, heheheh......).
    >
    > ',;~}~
    >
    > Shaun aRe - So what, I'm excitably enthusiastic.....heheheheheheh!

    So go have a hoot, a blast, or whatever you blokes or mates call it, OK?

    Paladin

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > <big grins and massive grins and several big 'whoo-hooooo's'!!!!!!!!>
    > >

    > > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi
    26x2.6's
    > > have arrived, and I shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20
    p.m.
    > > Total is gonna be about £60, but I left £25 with them the other day.
    > >
    > > This will be the first time I've had a *pair* of these, as previously, I
    had
    > > one on the back, and a 2.3 version on the front (still great handling).
    When
    > > the front needed replacing, I couldn't wait for an order for one of the
    > > 2.6's to be filled (at the time, he estimated up to 4 weeks, and I had
    > > _ride_), so I went with the similarly priced Maxxis Mobster 2.7
    (actually
    > > not as wide as the Gazz 2.6). While this was a reasonably good tyre, it
    just
    > > wasn't a patch on the big Gazz, or even the 2.3 - the Maxxis just never inspired me with the
    > > same cornering confidence off-road.
    > >
    > > Hoping to get out in the dirt this Sunday, condition of my back
    permitting
    > > (yes, I know Bomba, and I'm on it, thanks dude! ',;~}~), and I just know
    I'm
    > > gonna have some serious high traction fun, no matter the ground
    conditions
    > > (and I know it's gonna be messy, I am after all in the North of England,
    and
    > > it is summer, heheheh......).
    > >
    > > ',;~}~
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - So what, I'm excitably enthusiastic.....heheheheheheh!
    >
    > So go have a hoot, a blast, or whatever you blokes or mates call it, OK?
    >
    > Paladin

    Cheers oh Shining Knightly one! I shall, like I said - providing my back is

    Have a good w/e yerself C!

    Shaun aRe

  7. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi 26x2.6's have arrived, and I
    > shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20

    ... just in time for Small Black Dog! ;)

  8. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi 26x2.6's have arrived, and I
    > > shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20
    >
    > ... just in time for Small Black Dog! ;)

    that kills brain cells you know. obviously you have none left, but spread the word.
    --
    ~Travis

  9. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > > > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi
    26x2.6's
    > > > have arrived, and I shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20
    > >
    > > ... just in time for Small Black Dog! ;)
    > >

    > that kills brain cells you know. obviously you have none left, but spread the word.

    Travis says:

    "I GOT MAIL! YAAAY!"

  10. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > 26x2.6's
    > > >
    > > > ... just in time for Small Black Dog! ;)
    > > >

    > > that kills brain cells you know. obviously you have none left, but spread the word.
    >
    > Travis says:
    >
    > "I GOT MAIL! YAAAY!"

    Trust me, i am not in the mood for these childish responses, so cut the

    --
    ~Travis

  11. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Trust me, i am not in the mood for these childish responses, so cut the

    What happened, Trav? Someone piss in your cornflakes on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

  12. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2003 15:01:27 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >> 26x2.6's

    >> > that kills brain cells you know. obviously you have none left, but spread the word.
    >>
    >> Travis says:
    >>
    >> "I GOT MAIL! YAAAY!"
    >>

    >Trust me, i am not in the mood for these childish responses, so cut the

    Someone's gotten out of bed on the wrong side today...

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  13. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2003 15:01:27 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >> 26x2.6's

    >> > that kills brain cells you know. obviously you have none left, but spread the word.
    >>
    >> Travis says:
    >>
    >> "I GOT MAIL! YAAAY!"
    >>

    >Trust me, i am not in the mood for these childish responses, so cut the

    Dude, put the bong down and back away.....SLOWLY!

  14. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > On Fri, 23 May 2003 15:01:27 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > >> 26x2.6's

    > >> Travis says:
    > >>
    > >> "I GOT MAIL! YAAAY!"
    > >>

    > >Trust me, i am not in the mood for these childish responses, so cut the

    > Dude, put the bong down and back away.....SLOWLY!

    Have never done, and never will do drugs.
    --
    ~Travis

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Just called up the LBS, and yup, my new pair of Nokian Gazzaloddi
    26x2.6's
    > > have arrived, and I shall be taking possession of them at about 4:20
    >
    > ... just in time for Small Black Dog! ;)

    Aww man - them tyres is sweeter than the sweetest splif, the toppest toke, the bestest boulder, the
    purest pipe!

    Shaun aRe