Prado de Parade

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Michael Lanchester, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Riding to work today along Lambert Road Indooroopilly. I came off the Harts
    Rd roundabout onto Prado de Parade (Lambert Road past St Peters) and hey
    presto a Black Ford Explorer (Land Barge) pulls out in front of me from the
    side street failing to give way.

    Hard on the brifters to avoid and Crash into the rear side panel.

    No Damage to bike, minor cut to hand. And one driver with a sore ear!

    Michael L.

    Tags:

  2. OzCableguy

    OzCableguy Guest

    "Michael Lanchester" <[email protected]_this_ronrumble.com.au> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rks.com.au...
    > Riding to work today along Lambert Road Indooroopilly. I came off the
    > Harts Rd roundabout onto Prado de Parade (Lambert Road past St Peters)
    > and hey presto a Black Ford Explorer (Land Barge) pulls out in front of me
    > from the side street failing to give way.

    Jeez, half your luck! In these parts I get oncoming right-turning people
    pausing to give way to me while I'm still 200 metres away pushing up hill,
    forcing me to a near coronary as I try to get a wriggle on and not hold them
    up longer than necessary. Hmmm... now that I think about it maybe they're
    bigger bastards and just using a less direct method of trying to kill me...
    The ones that totally weird me out are when you're riding along minding your
    own business and suddenly become aware of a fossil burner that's been wheel
    sucking for the last 5 minutes when they're not trying to turn left or park
    and there's plenty of room to pass. Extremely spooky...

    --
    www.ozcableguy.com
    www.oztechnologies.com

  3. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Michael Lanchester wrote:

    > Riding to work today along Lambert Road Indooroopilly. I came off the Harts
    > Rd roundabout onto Prado de Parade (Lambert Road past St Peters) and hey
    > presto a Black Ford Explorer (Land Barge) pulls out in front of me from the
    > side street failing to give way.
    >
    > Hard on the brifters to avoid and Crash into the rear side panel.
    >
    > No Damage to bike, minor cut to hand. And one driver with a sore ear!

    > Michael L.

    Grrrr, I fscking hate all the Prados and Bruisers near that school. I've
    seen many cyclists nearly rammed into the gutters trying to get out of
    the way of an incompetent parent/guardian/teacher.

    Tam

  4. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Michael L:
    >Hard on the brifters to avoid and Crash into the rear side panel. No Damage to >bike, minor cut to hand. And one driver with a sore ear!

    So you got him? Well done, mate! Cars that tinny would dent up pretty
    easily. Good outcome if no damage to you.

    Donga

  5. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Glad to hear you're (somewhat) Ok. What did you say to the driver and what was their response? Were they sympathetic?

  6. The driver stopped and without getting out Called "Are you OK.?" I think
    she was planning to keep going.
    While lying on the road with the bike on top of the me. I called " I don't
    know yet ?"

    She then decided to park on the footpath and come over after I picked myself
    up. (Thanks to the other cyclist who stopped to help.)

    She offer to call someone for me. Give me a lift to work ! She was
    sympathetic.

    After a brief discussion and no real damage to me or the bike I let her go.
    I didn't bother with details.

    Then I saw the price of petrol on the way to work $1.35 / l. Ha! Suck on
    that Urban Assault vehicle drivers ! It will be $2 by the end of the year.

    Michael Lanchester

  7. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Hehe fingers crossed!

    Seriously, if I'd hit someone in my car, my first instinct would be to jump out and help them - I don't even think I'd have to think about it. I don't know if I'd be able to talk - I'd be too busy blubbering and shaking.

    I hit an Excel a few years ago (in my car). The old couple were so grateful that I was sympathetic (I even called them the next day to see if they were OK) that they decided to fix the car themselves and not bother going through my insurance company. Being nice does sometimes pay off.

    Lotte