Prayers to New Orleans

vkn

Guest
Our prayers are with each and everyone that was affected by Katrina.
Please find below a dozen helping hands for anything you can offer to
the affected families:

1. Red Cross <http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html>
2. The Salvation Army <http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm>
3. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
<http://www.fema.gov/rrr/help2.shtm>
4. Feed the children
<http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=usw_hurricane...>

5. Second harvest <http://www.secondharvest.org/>
6. Americares <http://www.americares.org/>
7. MAP International <http://www.map.org/>
8. Mercy corps <http://www.mercycorps.org/>
9. Network for good <http://www.networkforgood.org/>
10. United way <http://national.unitedway.org/>
11. World Emergency Relief <http://www.worldemergency.org/>
12. Direct relief <http://www.directrelief.org/>

Kindly pass it on!

Regards,

vkn
http://inspiringwords.blogspot.com

also www.aspca.org
www.hsus.org

"vkn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Our prayers are with each and everyone that was affected by Katrina.
> Please find below a dozen helping hands for anything you can offer to
> the affected families:
>
> 1. Red Cross <http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html>
> 2. The Salvation Army <http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm>
> 3. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
> <http://www.fema.gov/rrr/help2.shtm>
> 4. Feed the children
> <http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=usw_hurricane...>
>
> 5. Second harvest <http://www.secondharvest.org/>
> 6. Americares <http://www.americares.org/>
> 7. MAP International <http://www.map.org/>
> 8. Mercy corps <http://www.mercycorps.org/>
> 9. Network for good <http://www.networkforgood.org/>
> 10. United way <http://national.unitedway.org/>
> 11. World Emergency Relief <http://www.worldemergency.org/>
> 12. Direct relief <http://www.directrelief.org/>
>
> Kindly pass it on!
>
> Regards,
>
> vkn
> http://inspiringwords.blogspot.com

Add http://give.org/

```````````````

On 2 Sep 2005 03:16:40 -0700, vkn wrote:

> Our prayers are with each and everyone that was affected by Katrina.
> Please find below a dozen helping hands for anything you can offer to
> the affected families:
>
> 1. Red Cross <http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html>
> 2. The Salvation Army <http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm>
> 3. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
> <http://www.fema.gov/rrr/help2.shtm>
> 4. Feed the children
> <http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=usw_hurricane...>
>
> 5. Second harvest <http://www.secondharvest.org/>
> 6. Americares <http://www.americares.org/>
> 7. MAP International <http://www.map.org/>
> 8. Mercy corps <http://www.mercycorps.org/>
> 9. Network for good <http://www.networkforgood.org/>
> 10. United way <http://national.unitedway.org/>
> 11. World Emergency Relief <http://www.worldemergency.org/>
> 12. Direct relief <http://www.directrelief.org/>
>
> Kindly pass it on!
>
> Regards,
>
> vkn
> http://inspiringwords.blogspot.com

I've made a donation and I hope all do. I am puzzled that everywhere
you see notices asking for donations to the Red Cross. Rarely do you
see requests for donations to the Salvation Army. That troubles me.
They both do good but I consider the Salvation Army a better option for
one simple reason. I have never heard of a Salvation Army employee
making 6 figures a year but I know that a number of Red Cross people
do. I just have a gut feeling that my money does more good with the
Salvation Army folks. Both are good options though, as well as Mercy
Corp and others.

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:20:18 -0700, Jim Davis wrote:

> I've made a donation and I hope all do. I am puzzled that everywhere
> you see notices asking for donations to the Red Cross. Rarely do you
> see requests for donations to the Salvation Army. That troubles me.
> They both do good but I consider the Salvation Army a better option for
> one simple reason. I have never heard of a Salvation Army employee
> making 6 figures a year but I know that a number of Red Cross people
> do. I just have a gut feeling that my money does more good with the
> Salvation Army folks. Both are good options though, as well as Mercy
> Corp and others.

Actually the single email I got on the subject was about the Salvation
Army. http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/USNSAHome.htm
There are scads of good organizations to choose from, though.

"vkn" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Our prayers are with each and everyone that was affected by Katrina.
> Please find below a dozen helping hands for anything you can offer to
> the affected families:

Prayers? I thought God made this storm. Are you trying to cross Him?

Money will do these people a whole lot more good than your prayers.