Prchasing a LOOK but dont know what size frame I need? Nyone have experience in this?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by thestretch, Oct 14, 2004.

1. thestretch

thestretch New Member

Harro! This is my first post so bare with me please. :eek: I've been riding a Trek 1000 now for two years and am completely enthralled with the sport. I'm looking to get a new bike. At the moment I'm very impressed with the LOOK KG481SL frame, however, I'm not sure what size to get. I'm getting a lot of varied answers to this question from my LBSs.

I'm 6'4" 180lbs with an 88cm inseem. Could anyone possibly give me some advice?

Tags:

2. szbert

szbert New Member

No habla metric. Wouldn't buy French crap anyway.

3. dhk

dhk New Member

Beautiful frame....an LBS here built one with all the right stuff and I loved looking at it. Last time I went in, a guy had bought it and was having some fit adjustments made while he rode it on a trainer. Bet you'll be amazed at the difference compared to the 1000.

You can use the fit of your 1000 as a baseline. If your happy with the fit now, just take the measurements and buy the closest frame. Or, pick the size with the changes in top tube or seat tube length that you want.

Also, you could check out online fit calculators at sites like Wrench Science and Competitive Cyclist. Believe these will work to give you a classic road race fit if you take all your body measurements carefully.