Pre-Patellular Tendonitis

Bike-206

May 9, 2005
Has anyone ever had this? The doctor told me I have this today. Started to get pain on the lower, outside portion of my knee when I ride, especially on the downward pedal stroke on hills. I switched from MTB to road pedals this year, so maybe that had something to do with it. Looking for advice on how long to stay off the bike, or should I switch back to MTB pedals? Thanks.

I'm not an expert in this area, but would assume that you either need to get your cleats adjusted by a local bike shop...see if they have the R.A.D. (Rotational Adjustment Device - not sure if that's correct). That can help get you dialed into your cleats.

Or just go back to your MTB cleats if it's all the same to you. Whatever takes the pain away.

Branching off this, I have been experiencing not a pain in my knee, but just a little 'something' that I can feel on the anterior lower portion (just left and above the tibial tuberosity) of my knee/lower leg when I sprint or pedal at higher cadences. It doesn't cause any pain or anything, and never becomes swollen or anything, so I'm not sure what that is. Anybody have an idea?

"just left and above the tibial tuberosity"

err..where's that?!

i like to keep things simple:

anterior - front of
posterior - behind

then perhaps top/botom/left/right.

:) :) :)