Pre-race Dinner??

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rhino, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. rhino

    rhino Guest

    Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

    If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do yo
    eat for dinner

    My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews o
    having steak!!!

    -

    Tags:

  2. ftf

    ftf Guest

    rhino wrote:
    > Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:
    > If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
    > eat for dinner?
    > My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of
    > having steak!!!!

    Pizza. I avoid spicy ones the night before for obvious reasons..

    Cheers, Tro

    -

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

  4. Hitchy

    Hitchy Guest

    rhino wrote:
    > Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:
    > If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
    > eat for dinner?
    > My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of
    > having steak!!!!

    G'day Rhino

    Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos
    bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/rid
    'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it al
    again......quicker

    cheers

    Hitch

    -

  5. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    Hitchy wrote:
    > G'day Rhino,
    > Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos,
    > bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride
    > 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all
    > again......quicker,
    > cheers,
    > Hitchy

    Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so
    far. I like to have lots of carbs the day before race/long ride day.
    Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

    --

  6. *

    * Guest

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:FMh%[email protected]
    > Hitchy wrote:
    > > G'day Rhino,
    > > Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos,
    > > bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride
    > > 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all
    > > again......quicker,
    > > cheers,
    > > Hitchy

    > Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so
    > far. I like to have lots of carbs the day before race/long ride day.
    > Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

    I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB longnecks.

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB

    longnecks.

    Surely you can't complete a long ride on just _one_ carton?!

    hippy

  8. *

    * Guest

    news:hXu%[email protected]
    > "*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB

    > longnecks.
    >
    > Surely you can't complete a long ride on just _one_ carton?!
    >
    > hippy

    I shove a couple in the camelback just in case I need one on those long
    climbs...

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Hippy wrote:
    > "*" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.denews:[email protected]
    > > I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB

    > longnecks.
    > Surely you can't complete a long ride on just _one_ carton?!
    > hippy

    HA HA :D :D :

    seriously tho, I heard the steak thing is to be done 2-3 days before t
    get the blood iron levels up. apparently this is a staple amongs
    triathletes (you know the ones. wedgies in their speedos. riding a
    25kph looking very serious and wandering all over the road cos they can
    steer on dem darn tr-bars. ejector-seat me outta this forum now...

    -

  10. amirm

    amirm Guest

    rhino wrote:
    > Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:
    > If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
    > eat for dinner?
    > My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of
    > having steak!!!!

    Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many practice this at big competitions. They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

    -

  11. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:KNw%[email protected]
    > Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many

    practice this at big competitions.
    > They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

    I was wondering if anyone knew a good mixer for EPO?
    I tried washing it down with beer, but it was like washing
    down toothpaste with O.J....

    hippy
    Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

  12. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

    rhino <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<f6b%[email protected]>...

    > If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
    > eat for dinner?

    I usually do spaghetti bolognese, washed down with a nice bottle of
    Koonunga Hill or Wynns Coonawarra Shiraz. Though most of my races
    aren't until the afternoon, so any residual hangover is generally
    gone.

    Regards,

    Suzy

  13. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

    <nitpick>
    I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay?
    </nitpick>

  14. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > hippy wrote:
    > > Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

    > <nitpick>
    > I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay?
    > </nitpick>

    Well spotted! This is why sleep is good kiddies! :)

    hippy