Pre-race Dinner??

rhino

Guest
Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do yo
eat for dinner

My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews o
having steak!!!

-

rhino wrote:
> Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:
> If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
> eat for dinner?
> My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of
> having steak!!!!

Pizza. I avoid spicy ones the night before for obvious reasons..

Cheers, Tro

-

rhino wrote:
> Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:
> If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
> eat for dinner?
> My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of
> having steak!!!!

G'day Rhino

Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos
bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/rid
'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it al
again......quicker

cheers

Hitch

-

Hitchy wrote:
> G'day Rhino,
> Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos,
> bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride
> 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all
> again......quicker,
> cheers,
> Hitchy

Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so
far. I like to have lots of carbs the day before race/long ride day.
Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

--

"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:FMh%[email protected]...
> Hitchy wrote:
> > G'day Rhino,
> > Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos,
> > bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride
> > 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all
> > again......quicker,
> > cheers,
> > Hitchy

> Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so
> far. I like to have lots of carbs the day before race/long ride day.
> Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB longnecks.

Hippy wrote:
> "*" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.denews:[email protected]...
> > I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB

> longnecks.
> Surely you can't complete a long ride on just _one_ carton?!
> hippy

HA HA :D :D :

seriously tho, I heard the steak thing is to be done 2-3 days before t
get the blood iron levels up. apparently this is a staple amongs
triathletes (you know the ones. wedgies in their speedos. riding a
25kph looking very serious and wandering all over the road cos they can
steer on dem darn tr-bars. ejector-seat me outta this forum now...

-

rhino wrote:
> Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:
> If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
> eat for dinner?
> My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of
> having steak!!!!

Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many practice this at big competitions. They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

-

"amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:KNw%[email protected]...
> Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many

practice this at big competitions.
> They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

I was wondering if anyone knew a good mixer for EPO?
I tried washing it down with beer, but it was like washing
down toothpaste with O.J....

hippy
Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

rhino <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<f6b%[email protected]>...

> If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you
> eat for dinner?

I usually do spaghetti bolognese, washed down with a nice bottle of
Koonunga Hill or Wynns Coonawarra Shiraz. Though most of my races
aren't until the afternoon, so any residual hangover is generally
gone.

Regards,

Suzy

hippy wrote:
> Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

<nitpick>
I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay?
</nitpick>

"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> hippy wrote:
> > Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

> <nitpick>
> I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay?
> </nitpick>

Well spotted! This is why sleep is good kiddies! :)

hippy