Pre-race Dinner??

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rhino, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. rhino

    rhino New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2003
    Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

    If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

    My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of having steak!!!!

    Tags:

  2. ftf

    ftf New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2003
    Pizza. I avoid spicy ones the night before for obvious reasons...

    Cheers,
    Troy

  3. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

  4. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876

    G'day Rhino,

    Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos, bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all again......quicker,

    cheers,

    Hitchy

  5. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so far. I like to have lots of carbs the day before race/long ride day. Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

  6. *

    * Guest

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:FMh%[email protected]...
    > Hitchy wrote:
    > > G'day Rhino, Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos, bread
    > > etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid
    > > recovery so you can do it all again......quicker, cheers, Hitchy
    >

    > Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so far. I like to have lots of
    > carbs the day before race/long ride day. Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

    I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB longnecks.

  7. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB
    longnecks.

    Surely you can't complete a long ride on just _one_ carton?!

    hippy

  8. *

    * Guest

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    HA HA :D :D :D

    seriously tho, I heard the steak thing is to be done 2-3 days before to get the blood iron levels up. apparently this is a staple amongst triathletes
    (you know the ones. wedgies in their speedos. riding at 25kph looking very serious and wandering all over the road cos they cant steer on dem darn tr-bars. ejector-seat me outta this forum now...)

  10. amirm

    amirm New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2003
    Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many practice this at big competitions. They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

  11. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:KNw%[email protected]...
    > Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many
    practice this at big competitions.
    > They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

    I was wondering if anyone knew a good mixer for EPO? I tried washing it down with beer, but it was
    like washing down toothpaste with O.J....

    hippy Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

  12. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

    rhino <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<f6b%[email protected]>...

    > If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

    I usually do spaghetti bolognese, washed down with a nice bottle of Koonunga Hill or Wynns
    Coonawarra Shiraz. Though most of my races aren't until the afternoon, so any residual hangover is
    generally gone.

    Regards,

    Suzy

  13. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

    <nitpick> I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay? </nitpick

  14. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > hippy wrote:
    > > Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"
    >
    > <nitpick> I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay? </nitpick>

    Well spotted! This is why sleep is good kiddies! :)

    hippy