Pre-race Dinner??

rhino

New Member
Nov 16, 2003
Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of having steak!!!!

Originally posted by rhino
Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of having steak!!!!

Pizza. I avoid spicy ones the night before for obvious reasons...

Cheers,
Troy

Originally posted by rhino
Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of having steak!!!!

G'day Rhino,

Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos, bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all again......quicker,

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day Rhino,

Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos, bread etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid recovery so you can do it all again......quicker,

cheers,

Hitchy

Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so far. I like to have lots of carbs the day before race/long ride day. Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:FMh%[email protected]...
> Hitchy wrote:
> > G'day Rhino, Carbs, carbs & for desert......carbs. Normally, rice, pasta, potatos, bread
> > etc....of course, equally important is the post race/ride 'pigout'. Doing this right will aid
> > recovery so you can do it all again......quicker, cheers, Hitchy
>

> Just wanting to provide a different angle compared to the responses so far. I like to have lots of
> carbs the day before race/long ride day. Pasta, potatoes rice, etc.....;)

I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB longnecks.

Originally posted by Hippy
"*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I like to eat 4 BBQ chickens and drink at least a carton of VB
longnecks.

Surely you can't complete a long ride on just _one_ carton?!

hippy

HA HA :D :D :D

seriously tho, I heard the steak thing is to be done 2-3 days before to get the blood iron levels up. apparently this is a staple amongst triathletes
(you know the ones. wedgies in their speedos. riding at 25kph looking very serious and wandering all over the road cos they cant steer on dem darn tr-bars. ejector-seat me outta this forum now...)

Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many practice this at big competitions. They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

Originally posted by rhino
Sorry if this question has been posted before, but:

If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

My preference at the moment in pasta, but I have heard rave reviews of having steak!!!!

"amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:KNw%[email protected]...
> Do steroids count as carbs, carbs and more carbs? Apparently many
practice this at big competitions.
> They all contain the basic ingredients: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen... :)

I was wondering if anyone knew a good mixer for EPO? I tried washing it down with beer, but it was
like washing down toothpaste with O.J....

hippy Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

rhino <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<f6b%[email protected]>...

> If you are racing or have a big training ride the next day, what do you eat for dinner?

I usually do spaghetti bolognese, washed down with a nice bottle of Koonunga Hill or Wynns
Coonawarra Shiraz. Though most of my races aren't until the afternoon, so any residual hangover is
generally gone.

Regards,

Suzy

hippy wrote:
> Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"

<nitpick> I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay? </nitpick

"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> hippy wrote:
> > Mr Garrison: "drugs are baad, mkay!"
>
> <nitpick> I think you'll find that was Mr Mackie, mm-kay? </nitpick>

Well spotted! This is why sleep is good kiddies! :)

hippy