Predict the 2003 TdF and win $1,000,000!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Bicycling mag, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Bicycling mag

Bicycling mag New Member

Are you the world's biggest cycling fan?
    A challenge from Veltec Sports and Bicycling magazine

You ride the same bike and wear the same jersey as your favorite racer, and re-enact your idol's (maybe it's Eddy, maybe it's Lance -- could it be JaJa?) greatest moments on your weekend rides. You can recite the past 25 winners of the Tour de France, and you knew how to spell L'Alpe d'Huez back in kindergarten. But can you predict the future?

'Bicycling's Million Dollar Contest presented by Veltec Sports' puts your expertise to the test.

Veltec Sports will award $1,000,000 to the cycling fan who can predict, in correct order, the Top 10 finishers in the 2003 Tour de France. Every year, favored riders drop out of contention, unheralded upstarts challenge for stage wins, and crashes and mechanical failures conspire to guarantee that no lead is ever safe. Do you have the 'insider' knowledge of pro cycling it will take to call the action?

This is a tough task (even for the most seasoned Tour aficionados), and the Tour experts at Bicycling magazine are here to help. They'll update their own set of Top 10 predictions as the race approaches and the leading contenders rise to the top. You can update your own entry as often as you'd like, but only your most recent entry is eligible for prize consideration.

Enter today!
    http://I'm a brain dead spammer

Tags:

2. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

I generally don't respond to spammers, but I’m getting sick of companies thinking they can use this forum to sell themselves.

Of all the cycling mags in the world, I would have thought you guys would be the last one to spam this web site with your crap.

Do you provide free ad's for this website in your magazine?

Would you allow me to spam your website users with links to my webiste?

Why do you expect me to allow you free advertising on my website?

Do you think this site is online for the sole reason of allowing cycling mags to advertise their bullshit? Why did you post an ad here?

The rules have been there for all to see, for over 18 months, if you think you have the right to post your YANK TRASH Bicycling magazine ad's here, you have another thing coming you sorry piece if shit.

I'm going to make this a sticky thread and include it in the weekly newsletter so everyone can see how pathetic you people are!

Thank you for visiting my webiste Mr Spammer :rolleyes:

3. easyrider

easyrider New Member

Nice response. These guys hit several websites with this thing. On at least one site they placed it appropriately under shameless promotions, but this is pretty bad. I have seen a number of message boards lighting up with the topic of whether this is the WORST cycling mag in the history of the sport. I tend to think that it is.