PREDICTIONS FOR SATURDAY'S TTT

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob Bullet, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Bob Bullet

    Bob Bullet Guest

    1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    4................

    BOB BULLET

    Tags:

  2. Nobodyman

    Nobodyman Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:18:19 -0400, "BOB BULLET" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    >4................
    >
    >BOB BULLET

    My Prediction: It won't be a TEAM time trial, but an INDIVIDUAL time trial.

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    1. Armstrong
    2. Zubeldia +.11
    3. Ullrich +.19

    M.

    "BOB BULLET" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    > 4................
    >
    > BOB BULLET

  4. This is not a team time trial but an individual trial. "BOB BULLET" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > 1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    > 4................
    >
    > BOB BULLET

  5. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:27:33 -0400, NobodyMan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My Prediction: It won't be a TEAM time trial, but an INDIVIDUAL time trial.

    WOW!! Do you think they would actually change their minds at the last minute and make it a TTT
    instead of an ITT?? I bet the guys at the TdF saw that Postal had a full team of riders so they are
    going to change it to an ITT just to go after LANCE. Those dasm TdF people going after the Posties
    again!!!! ;-)

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  6. Jc6239

    Jc6239 Guest

    1. Ullrich
    2. Armstrong +18
    3. Hamilton +25
    4. Zubeldia +35

  7. Andresmuro

    Andresmuro Guest

    OLN made a mistake in their website and has called stage 19 a TTT. Probably, for this reason, people
    think that there will be a TTT. It is an ITT. OLN made a mistake.

    Andres

  8. Mmcc

    Mmcc Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:18:19 -0400, "BOB BULLET" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    >4................
    >
    >BOB BULLET

    7-Eleven Real Madrid (with Beckham) - 0:55 Seabiscuit/Secrateriat/Affirmed - 1:16 Topeka Kansas
    Elk's Lodge - 1:43 Oxford Rowing Team - 15:34

    Has as much chance of happening as your prediction.

  9. TbosS

    TbosS New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2003
    Isn't it weird that OLN still didn't correct this error on their site? What are these people doing all day?

    I hope Ullrich will win the ITT, but it probably won't be a big enough gap to keep Armstrong from his fifth Tour victory.

    With his second victory in a TT this Tour, jan Ullrich would clearly point out that his good performance in the second Tour week wasn't 'luck'. And that next year, when he has a better preparation, he'll come back to seriously compete for his second Tour victory.

    Jan probably has lost this Tour in his preparation and in the Alpes.

  10. Cyrus

    Cyrus Guest

    MMcC <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:18:19 -0400, "BOB BULLET" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    > >4................
    > >
    > >BOB BULLET
    >
    > 7-Eleven Real Madrid (with Beckham) - 0:55 Seabiscuit/Secrateriat/Affirmed - 1:16 Topeka Kansas
    > Elk's Lodge - 1:43 Oxford Rowing Team - 15:34
    >
    > Has as much chance of happening as your prediction.

    Austrian Downhill Ski Team - 18:12

    I predict that Domina vacance will win this TTT, because they are all still in good form and not
    exhausted after the mountains as the rest!
    :)

    (Btw. I would be really dumb to have a TTT on the penultimate day, considering there are teams with
    only 3 riders left. But wait, that would actually be interesting to see how much time Fassa Bortolo
    (3) would lose to USPS (9). )

    cy

  11. Tom Ewall

    Tom Ewall Guest

    "BOB BULLET" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected].com>...
    > 1 POSTIES 2 ONCE - 2:26 BACK 3BIANCHI - 3:12 BACK
    > 4................
    >
    > BOB BULLET

    I think Ulrich will win by a small amount.

  12. What I would like:

    1. Armstrong 57.15
    2. Ullrich at :30
    3. Hamilton at 1.05

    What I expect:

    4. David Millar 57.30
    5. Armstrong at :15 3 Ullrich at :30

    Millar with a better time in the day, according to the experts, before the winds kick up.

    --
    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

  13. Rene Clancy

    Rene Clancy Guest

    "Tom Ewall" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I think Ulrich will win by a small amount.

    Yeah, by 68 seconds...

  14. On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:31:14 -0400, Curtis L. Russell wrote:
    > Millar with a better time in the day, according to the experts, before the winds kick up.

    Wind will probably (no forecast, just that it is the prevailing direction) be coming from the west,
    south-west: in the back.

  15. "Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What I would like:
    >
    > 1. Armstrong 57.15
    > 2. Ullrich at :30
    > 3. Hamilton at 1.05
    >
    > What I expect:
    >
    > 1. David Millar 57.30
    > 2. Armstrong at :15 3 Ullrich at :30
    >
    > Millar with a better time in the day, according to the experts, before the winds kick up.

    David Millar? I don't think so.

    1. Armstrong or Ullrich
    2. Armstrong or Ullrich

    No one else has the same power and motivation that these 2 will have, wind or no wind.

  16. Mike Cox

    Mike Cox Guest

    "TbosS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Isn't it weird that OLN still didn't correct this error on their site? What are these people doing
    > all day?

    The site is actually the responsibility of the TdF organization. OLN simply links to it in a window.

    Mike

  17. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Juan Parra" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Team EE let Telecom work on the final part of stage 16...and they just rode back, even though their
    >positions in the GC were in danger...
    >
    >I don't understand EE philosophy...

    Those people are the cycling arm of the bask terrorist group ETA. Who does understand terrorist? Did
    anyone except themselves understand what the SLA, the Weathermen, the Baader-Meinhof/RAF, Action
    Directe and similar wanted?

  18. "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:31:14 -0400, Curtis L. Russell wrote:
    > > Millar with a better time in the day, according to the experts, before
    the
    > > winds kick up.
    >
    > Wind will probably (no forecast, just that it is the prevailing direction) be coming from the
    > west, south-west: in the back.
    OK, that's different from what I heard. Then I'll go with a 'real' prediction of:

    1. Armstrong
    2. Ullrich
    3. Millar, with him at the 1.05

    The times are a tad quick, but could hold if the winds are to the back.
    --

  19. Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:31:14 -0400, Curtis L. Russell wrote:
    >
    >>Millar with a better time in the day, according to the experts, before the winds kick up.
    >

    > Wind will probably (no forecast, just that it is the prevailing direction) be coming from the
    > west, south-west: in the back.

    "Nantes is the last of the six original 1903 Tour stops, and the city at the mouth of the Loire is
    one of the most important ports. The Centenary Tour's penultimate stage has a somewhat technical
    parcours and with the strong northwest wind that always comes up in the afternoon here; this could
    affect the day's final riders adversely. "
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=stages/stage19

    Doesn't really matter too much if a rising wind affects the final two riders (Ullrich and Armstrong)
    adversely with respect to the rest of the field since they are essentially competing against each
    other and they have very similar form into headwinds.

    My money is on Ullrich for a ITT win, but not by 68 seconds. 25" is my best guess, barring
    punctures, mechanicals, mad dogs etc.

  20. Tom Ewall

    Tom Ewall Guest

    "Rene Clancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Tom Ewall" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I think Ulrich will win by a small amount.
    >
    > Yeah, by 68 seconds...

    I was thinking about 20 seconds. It wouldn't surprise me if Lance won though. I think the chances of
    Ulrich winning by over 68 seconds are small (~12% ?), but of course, anything can happen.