Predictor-Lotto now called Silence-Lotto for 2008

Crankyfeet

Jun 5, 2007
Omega Pharmacy are changing the product name in their team jersey fron Predictor to Silence. Silence is an anti-snoring medication. Predictor is a pregnancy test-kit. And Davitamon is a vitamin supplement. Jerseys are going to be red next year.

Interestingly, 2008 is the last year of their pro-tour license and also the last year of Omega's sponsorship contract with the team. Any thoughts on what will happen to this team after 2008 if the current environment stays the same.

Silence Lotto? I bet Lotto won't be too happy with that. :eek:

Given the cycling mad Belgium, I can't imagine the team would disintegrate.

sogood said:

Given the cycling mad Belgium, I can't imagine the team would disintegrate.
Silence? That's kind of lame sounding. Although, a pregnancy predictor also seems an odd choice to begin with....are cyclists constantly in danger of knocking someone up??

nns1400 said:
Silence? That's kind of lame sounding. Although, a pregnancy predictor also seems an odd choice to begin with....are cyclists constantly in danger of knocking someone up??
well heck given their testosterone levels, I would have to say yes
rolleyes.gif

nns1400 said:

earth_dweller said:
well heck given their testosterone levels, I would have to say yes
rolleyes.gif
LOL. Edie...where have you been hiding?

sogood said:
Maybe Omega Pharma, after getting rid of media blabbermouth Horner, are trying to ram home the message to the rest of the team regarding speaking out of turn.:p

Crankyfeet said:
Maybe Omega Pharma, after getting rid of media blabbermouth Horner, are trying to ram home the message to the rest of the team regarding speaking out of turn.:p
IOW, it's Omerta-Lotto....

earth_dweller said:
just busy with all kinds of ****

and lurking too
tongue.gif
Maybe there changeing it to silence because Evans has sweet fa support next year so they wont win anything, and to thecycling world they'll be not heard.....hence silent!!!

Scotttri said:
Maybe there changeing it to silence because Evans has sweet fa support next year so they wont win anything, and to thecycling world they'll be not heard.....hence silent!!!
well can't really say that I'm a fan of Evans but don't dislike him either, just blah

earth_dweller said:
well can't really say that I'm a fan of Evans but don't dislike him either, just blah
I'd like him more if he could win something--anything. Throw the potential fans a frickin bone.

Bro Deal said:
I'd like him more if he could win something--anything. Throw the potential fans a frickin bone.
Talk to thunder. Even though we know he's doping, this is why he's not doping. He's been consistent throughout his career. He's never won consistently, making him a great rider (we don't count MTB'ing on this forum).

Though I do respect him for giving 100% in every race he's in, not the BS the likes of Rasmussen displayed throughout a season.

Crankyfeet said:
Talk to thunder. Even though we know he's doping, this is why he's not doping. He's been consistent throughout his career. He's never won consistently, making him a great rider (we don't count MTB'ing on this forum).

Though I do respect him for giving 100% in every race he's in, not the BS the likes of Rasmussen displayed throughout a season.
Given the right team ie...more than one helper. He'd be a great chance of winning the TDF