Prescription Sunglasses for riding

mymilkexpired

Feb 17, 2004
What are you guys/gals using?

my prescription is something like +6.50 and +5.00 so i cant get any of the Oakley glasses, RubyProjects are out of the question too, i was told that both makers only support upto +4.00 and -4.00 ranges.

I was told Bolle would be able to support my RX using their adapter system...

Anyone else out there that i should be looking at that i missed?

Adidas Gazelle is superb, both for cycling, running and other sports. Adidas also have others - Devils Eye, Shield - which all can be used with prescription inserts. Don't know if there are any range limits. You will probably not find these glasses in the bike/sport shop - go where you buy your ordinary glasses. The "Adidas" sport glasses are produced and distributed by Siluette (I didn't get the spelling correct....).

Were the Rudy Project in the lense or inserts? I wanted no-line bifocals and was able to get them with the inserts. I just took the insert to the eyeglass store next the LBS and they put them in. It seems they should be able to put think Rx lenses in the inserts too.

Both Bolle and Scott have adapter systems that support deeper perscriptions, I think. Hope you find what you need.