(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Pressing hambuger a sin??
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 26 July 2005
- Last activity
- 28 July 2005
- Original author
- M. FERRANTE
- Posts
- 209
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 5,884
- Views / 30 days
- 20
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it. -
(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it. -
(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it. -
(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it. -
(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it. -
(M. FERRANTE)WROTE:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and the
chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down on a
hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you press or no?
If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?
(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it. Man,
that sure looked good.)
Mark Ferrante-------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: No, I do not use the old hamburger press as many of the
restaurants I've seen do -shorter cooking time more money-. I know when
it's time to flip by the amount of red juices coming from hamburger
patty. With time you wil know by just looking when it's reach your
desired doneness. I even did this method when grilling thick ground
round patties and never once had customer return it. -
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
M. FERRANTE wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?(The hamburger he was cooking sure looked good. Instead of placing a
slice of cheese on it, he put shredded cheddar cheese all over it.
Man, that sure looked good.)Mark Ferrante
Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the burger is
like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the juices it is
cooking in. I'm also getting a burger press so all my burger patties
will be the same size and purdy when I make them. The only time I don't
press a cooking burger is when it's on the grill.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
In article <[email hidden]>,
M. FERRANTE said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?I press, but only slightly. Pressing the burger too much compresses the
meat which causes the resulting burger to be dryer and have a heavier
consistency. Not pressing at all results in a messy burger where bits of
the meat come off during the cooking process.I am not quite sure I understand your question. I guess I use my
experience to determine when a burger is done, regardless of how its
formed. I usually cook about 1" thick hamburgers for five minutes per
side, poke the center with a knife and keep cooking if the liquid that
runs out is not clear. -
In article <[email hidden]>,
M. FERRANTE said:
I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
press or no?If a person chooses not to press down, then how does one tell if the
hamburger is done?I press, but only slightly. Pressing the burger too much compresses the
meat which causes the resulting burger to be dryer and have a heavier
consistency. Not pressing at all results in a messy burger where bits of
the meat come off during the cooking process.I am not quite sure I understand your question. I guess I use my
experience to determine when a burger is done, regardless of how its
formed. I usually cook about 1" thick hamburgers for five minutes per
side, poke the center with a knife and keep cooking if the liquid that
runs out is not clear.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.