General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Pressing hambuger a sin??

Started by M. FERRANTE · · Last activity · 209 posts · 5,884 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 July 2005
Last activity
28 July 2005
Original author
M. FERRANTE
Posts
209
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,884
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 141–160 of 209
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  2. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  3. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  4. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  5. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  6. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  7. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  8. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  9. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  10. sf wrote on 26 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Not only Do I Press the burger while it's cooking, I feel the
    burger is like a sponge...when It springs back it soaks up the
    juices it is cooking in.

    You FRY them? I haven't done it that way in years.

    I fry, broil and grill...but I press down only when frying.
    I like the taste of fried burgers. I also like the other methods
    mentioned. But fried burgers is almost a comfort food. I eat burgers
    about 3 times a month and at least one of those times will be
    fried...the other two are likely to be grilled and the rare time
    broiled. I think possibly wrongly that broiled burger require more
    attention than the other methods and I like to do prep work on other
    stuff, frying appeals to me as I feel I don't need to pay as strict
    attention to them. Same when grilling.

    Stuff burns when I broil.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  11. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  12. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  13. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  14. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  15. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  16. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  17. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  18. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  19. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

  20. Dog3 said:

    M. FERRANTE <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I was watching the Epicurious cooking show on The Travel Channel and
    the chef said that he never commits the ultimate sin of pressing down
    on a hamburger (to rid it of grease) while it is cooking. Do you
    press or no?

    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    I don't press the burgers. I tried an experiment once on the gas
    grill. I hand formed 2 burgers and threw them on. I pressed one a
    couple of times during the cooking time. The pressed burger was
    drier to taste than the non press. It turned me into a non presser,
    as bad as I want to press I just don't.

    Michael

    It's a temptation, for sure. But eventually you learn when the burger is
    done and you have a much juicier burger without flattening it with the
    spatula, whether it be on the grill, under a broiler or in a frying pan.

    Jill

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.