Pressure Cookers repair?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by WynnRees, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. WynnRees

    WynnRees Guest

    I have a Prestige Hi Dome Pressure Cooker which is about 30 years old.
    I have replaced the seals many times over the years.
    It has given good service.

    Somehow, it is not coming up to pressure.
    I have helped it a bit recently by holding the top down, until the
    pressure pushes the top up and off it goes. This no longer happens.

    The pressure begins to build, and then gets released at a point around
    the handle.

    I have noticed that the spring loaded nib (what word is accurate to
    describe the thing?) located in the handle, is slightly worn. (The nib
    pushes against the rubber seal and is about twice the width of the
    outside of the seal.)
    Is this the source of my problem?
    Or perhaps it is the spring which keeps the nib in place? ie getting
    stiffer, or more bouncy over time?

    In either case, is it a new handle?
    Or perhaps it is something else entirely?

    If it is a new handle, where in the uk might you suggest I look?

    thanks for any ideas / help W

    Tags:

  2. uz051235198

    uz051235198 Guest

    "WynnRees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If it is a new handle, where in the uk might you suggest I look?

    Just get a new pressure cooker. They can be very dangerous if faulty.

    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download