Pressure Gauge

Scottw44

Guest
The other day, I was shocked as I saw 3 pumps read 3 entirely different readings.

I guess pumps are like scales...and the pressure, like the weight, is relative.

Can anyone recommend an accurate pressure gauge. I want to know what I am actually pumping into my
tires and I feel this will be a good tool for my group.

tia,

scott

[email protected]

"scottw44" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The other day, I was shocked as I saw 3 pumps read 3 entirely different readings.
>
> I guess pumps are like scales...and the pressure, like the weight, is relative.
>
> Can anyone recommend an accurate pressure gauge. I want to know what I am actually pumping into my
> tires and I feel this will be a good tool for my group.
>
> tia,
>
> scott
>
> [email protected]

This one... http://www.bikepro.com/products/pumps/airgauge.html

Mike

"scottw44" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The other day, I was shocked as I saw 3 pumps read 3 entirely different readings.
>
> I guess pumps are like scales...and the pressure, like the weight, is relative.
>
> Can anyone recommend an accurate pressure gauge. I want to know what I am actually pumping into my
> tires and I feel this will be a good tool for my group.
>
> tia,
>
> scott
>
> [email protected]

Accugage. It will cost you around $15.

-Patrick

"scottw44" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The other day, I was shocked as I saw 3 pumps read 3
entirely different
> readings.
>
> I guess pumps are like scales...and the pressure, like the
weight, is
> relative.
>
> Can anyone recommend an accurate pressure gauge. I want
to know what I am
> actually pumping into my tires and I feel this will be a
good tool for my
> group.

The cheap, pencil-type guages from auto parts stores are generally accurate +-1psi. Of course
they're for Schrader valves, but you could use one of those little adapters.

But all you need to do is find the pressure that works for you, and use the guage on your pump to be
able to repeat that. It doesn't matter if the guage is accurate, as long as it's consistent.

45 Zefal Husky Units works fine for me.

Matt O.

"Patrick W." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "scottw44" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > Can anyone recommend an accurate pressure gauge. I want to know what I am actually pumping into
> > my tires and I feel this will be a good tool for my group.
> >

> Accugage. It will cost you around $15.
>
> -Patrick

Is the Zefal "twin graph" accurate / durable ? Seems to be made of plastic, but .......

http://www.zefal.com/anglais/indexpompesang.html

Thanks to all who replied. I use my gauge like my scale...relative weight. But apparently, it is
reading much lower than it used to, and I need a point of reference.

will check out acugage...

[email protected]