Presta Bullet

Jd

Guest
Strange thing. I was airing up the Blackmore's tires for a ride up Little Park Rd and a loop on the
Gunny and the inner portion of the valve stem shot out when I removed the chuck. Normal tire
pressures probably wouldn't have had so much velocity, but 60psi seemed to be enough to stick that
little sucker in the ceiling. Almost as dangerous as a Red Ryder BB gun.

JD

See what JD watches, presta bullets and Christmas story.

MTB 2002

> Strange thing. I was airing up the Blackmore's tires for a ride up Little Park Rd and a loop on
> the Gunny and the inner portion of the valve stem shot out when I removed the chuck. Normal tire
> pressures probably wouldn't have had so much velocity, but 60psi seemed to be enough to stick that
> little sucker in the ceiling. Almost as dangerous as a Red Ryder BB gun.
>
> JD

Hehehehe...the sliderule boys over on r.b.t. could probably tell you the muzzle velocity of that
sucker. (That is if they can agree on the correct terminology) They recently had a hysterical thread
on "Why there are notches in a Presta Nut.". Watch yer eyes!

Mike

JD wrote:
> Strange thing. I was airing up the Blackmore's tires for a ride up Little Park Rd and a loop on
> the Gunny and the inner portion of the valve stem shot out when I removed the chuck. Normal tire
> pressures probably wouldn't have had so much velocity, but 60psi seemed to be enough to stick that
> little sucker in the ceiling. Almost as dangerous as a Red Ryder BB gun.
>
> JD

Done that, on the trail, right after fixing my second flat in about 30 yards (one pinch flat, one
legit puncture... before you ask, yes, we were already way late). No idea where that sucker went,
but I'm pretty sure it ricocheted off my sunglasses....

Jon "Commander" Bond

On 8 Dec 2002 09:23:07 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>Strange thing. I was airing up the Blackmore's tires for a ride up Little Park Rd and a loop on the
>Gunny and the inner portion of the valve stem shot out when I removed the chuck. Normal tire
>pressures probably wouldn't have had so much velocity, but 60psi seemed to be enough to stick that
>little sucker in the ceiling. Almost as dangerous as a Red Ryder BB gun.
>
>JD
You'll shoot your eye out!

:-]

Wow!!-dude Iv never heard of such a thing. Did you pull it out and re-use it???

Nobbi

"Nobbi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Wow!!-dude Iv never heard of such a thing. Did you pull it out and re-use it???

Nope, I shitcanned the tube and donned protective goggles to inflate the tube I replaced it with.
When are you goombas going to come down valley to ride a bit?

JD

> > Strange thing. I was airing up the Blackmore's tires for a ride up Little Park Rd and a loop on
> > the Gunny and the inner portion of the valve stem shot out when I removed the chuck. Normal tire
> > pressures probably wouldn't have had so much velocity, but 60psi seemed to be enough to stick
> > that little sucker in the ceiling. Almost as dangerous as a Red Ryder BB gun.
> >
> > JD
>
> Hehehehe...the sliderule boys over on r.b.t. could probably tell you the muzzle velocity of that
> sucker. (That is if they can agree on the correct terminology) They recently had a hysterical
> thread on "Why there are notches in a Presta Nut.". Watch yer eyes!
>
> Mike

Unless Jobst is involved, then you will e spimply told that it's impossible and did not happen.
--
_________________________

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Hehehehe...the sliderule boys over on r.b.t. could probably tell you the muzzle velocity of that
> > sucker. (That is if they can agree on the
correct
> > terminology) They recently had a hysterical thread on "Why there are notches in a Presta Nut.".
> > Watch yer eyes!
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Unless Jobst is involved, then you will e spimply told that it's impossible and did not happen.
> --

Hehehe...No..actually he derailed the whole thing arguing on the correct usage of the terms
'centripetal' and 'centrifugal'.

Mike