Presta tube in a Schrader hole? - - again please - -

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Kent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Anyone tried to blow up a wheel with a shock pump. I did for the last
3
> > > months!
> >
> > It is extremely dangerous to put loose shock-pump air in something
> designed
> > for tight floor-pump air. For obvious reasons.
>
> Isn't that meant to be TIGHT shock pump air and LOOSE floor-pump air? I thought that tight air
> fitted into the tight small space of the air
shock
> better than loose air? Or have I got it wrong and it should be positive
air
> in the negative chamber. Or tight air in the loose chamber? Or....

I almost posted a clarification earlier. Shock pump air is "loose" in that it's SLIPPERY -- meant to
facilitate the sliding of, uh, sliders in their sleeves. Floor pump air is "tight" in that it's
STICKY -- meant to keep a tire's bead in place on a rim.

Using a tire pump on a shock will cause immediate lockup; using a shock pump on a tube/tire will
cause serious (nay, possibly tragic) wiggliness.

Bill "glad you asked that question" S.