Price advice

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by Resale Gal, Apr 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Resale Gal

Resale Gal New Member

C33EFF5D-CC8F-4EDA-812E-0D8396838B36.jpeg 2F893339-BBCD-4A42-B1C6-7EDCB3EC2F0E.jpeg Ladies Barrington FS ELITE and a Mens DUO Outreach Magna.
    Trying to find info on bikes age for sale. Thinking $95 on ladies, $125 on men’s but di not know original value. They are both in great condition, no rust, good tread.

Tags:

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

Both those are department store bikes, old enough not to be sold anymore. You can still find a little info on the magna: https://www.amazon.com/Dynacraft-Magna-Outreach-Yellow-26-Inch/product-reviews/B008P7O2W2
    The suspension Units on the magna are crude enough to be nearly non-functional. As are the stamped-metal brakes on the Barrington.
    Them being in ”great condition” doesn’t matter much since you’re looking at bicycles that were very cheap from the start.
    It’s really a toss-up which is the poorest bike. The Barrington has the poorest brakes and crankset. But the Magna promises more. Which it can’t deliver.
    At a best guesstimate your prices are about double what bicycles like that sell for used.

3. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Honestly if you wanted to sell them, I'd say $25 for the lady's bike.

I have been offered bikes like that for free from friends wanting to get rid of them and I refused even for free. They seem to be more of a hassle than anything being low quality and trying to get them running smoothly.

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay more than $15 either or any of those two, the latter one was sold by Target, not sure who sold the first one. I did see an online auction where the Barrington went for $22 and the Magna went for $5.

5. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Member

No offense but a Huffy to these is like having a Toyota Supra compared to a Yugo. And Huffy bikes are just above bottom feeding.