Price advice

Resale Gal

Apr 26, 2020
C33EFF5D-CC8F-4EDA-812E-0D8396838B36.jpeg
2F893339-BBCD-4A42-B1C6-7EDCB3EC2F0E.jpeg
Ladies Barrington FS ELITE and a Mens DUO Outreach Magna.
Trying to find info on bikes age for sale. Thinking $95 on ladies, $125 on men’s but di not know original value. They are both in great condition, no rust, good tread.

Both those are department store bikes, old enough not to be sold anymore. You can still find a little info on the magna: https://www.amazon.com/Dynacraft-Magna-Outreach-Yellow-26-Inch/product-reviews/B008P7O2W2
The suspension Units on the magna are crude enough to be nearly non-functional. As are the stamped-metal brakes on the Barrington.
Them being in ”great condition” doesn’t matter much since you’re looking at bicycles that were very cheap from the start.
It’s really a toss-up which is the poorest bike. The Barrington has the poorest brakes and crankset. But the Magna promises more. Which it can’t deliver.
At a best guesstimate your prices are about double what bicycles like that sell for used.

Honestly if you wanted to sell them, I'd say $25 for the lady's bike.

I have been offered bikes like that for free from friends wanting to get rid of them and I refused even for free. They seem to be more of a hassle than anything being low quality and trying to get them running smoothly.

I wouldn't pay more than $15 either or any of those two, the latter one was sold by Target, not sure who sold the first one. I did see an online auction where the Barrington went for $22 and the Magna went for $5.

No offense but a Huffy to these is like having a Toyota Supra compared to a Yugo. And Huffy bikes are just above bottom feeding.

Hey there! I totally get what you're saying about Huffy bikes. They might not be the top choice when it comes to quality and performance. But hey, every rider starts somewhere, right?

If you're looking to step up your cycling game, I'd be happy to help you out with some tips on bike mechanics and wheel dynamics. Seriously, understanding the technical aspects can make a huge difference in your overall riding experience. Feel free to ask any specific questions you have, and I'll do my best to give you practical advice and guidance. Let's get those wheels spinning smoothly!