Price guidance - 1996 Vision R40 recumbent

mkb

New Member
Mar 22, 2004
My Vision R40 under-seat steer recumbent is now rendered a redundant recumbent (err, sorry) by the purchase of a second hand Spirit 'bent. Couldn't resist a new toy...!

What sort of price is this worth?

Its in good but not cosmetically pristine condition, but mechanically perfectly sound. Currently it's in medium wheelbase form, but I have the boom for the shortwheelbase variant which is part of the deal. It's easy to change them over.

I'm in Oxford if anyone is close and wants a look/testride. Once we've decided a fair price?

Any thoughts, any one?
Malcolm

mkb wrote:
> My Vision R40 under-seat steer recumbent is now rendered a
> redundant recumbent (err, sorry) by the purchase of a
> second hand Spirit 'bent. Couldn't resist a new toy...!
>
> What sort of price is this worth?

Vision is closing down. They're no longer making bikes,
they're now just selling off old stock. If you hang onto it
a few years it may have rarity value ;-)

I have to say I'd much rather have a Vision R40 than a
Spirit, but I understand the appeal of the new toy.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Why I like OE6 - http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/misc/oe6.html

mkb <[email protected]> wrote:
>My Vision R40 under-seat steer recumbent is now rendered a
>redundant recumbent (err, sorry) by the purchase of a
>second hand Spirit 'bent. Couldn't resist a new toy...!
>
>What sort of price is this worth?
>
>Its in good but not cosmetically pristine condition, but
>mechanically perfectly sound. Currently it's in medium
>wheelbase form, but I have the boom for the shortwheelbase
>variant which is part of the deal. It's easy to change
>them over.
>
>I'm in Oxford if anyone is close and wants a look/testride.
>Once we've decided a fair price?

Oo. Now you tempt me.

I'd love a test ride, even if the asking price ended up
being out of reach. Drop me an email?

cheers,

Phil
--
http://www.kantaka.co.uk/ .oOo. public key:
http://www.kantaka.co.uk/gpg.txt

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:51:12 GMT, mkb <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>What sort of price is this worth?

Nothign at all. But I'll do you a favour and take it to the
tip for you...

Bugger, rumbled.

--
Guy
===

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

Tell me if you have a sale price yet please. I may just buy
this. John. REPLT to [email protected] REMOVE X

--
No direct reply option available. "mkb" <usenet-
news:[email protected]...

Danny Colyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>mkb wrote:
>> My Vision R40 under-seat steer recumbent is now rendered
>> a redundant recumbent (err, sorry) by the purchase of a
>> second hand Spirit 'bent. Couldn't resist a new toy...!
>>
>> What sort of price is this worth?
>
>Vision is closing down. They're no longer making bikes,
>they're now just selling off old stock. If you hang onto it
>a few years it may have rarity value ;-)

A baseline price might be to take the price Vision are
flogging their last R40s for (800 USD), convert to UKP, add
VAT / import duty. That's the price for a new one. ie about
590 UKP. (Import duty on bikes is 15% according to the EU
import duty tariff website).

So divide appropriately for age and condition thereafter :)

Phil