Price of Ultegra Dual-Control levers?

keydates

Mar 9, 2004
Approximately what's the price of (new and/or '04 version) Ultegra 9 speed Dual-Control levers? It's not that mine are not working, it's just that my recent spate of crashes have lead to them being pretty scratched/cracked up.

keydates said:
Approximately what's the price of (new and/or '04 version) Ultegra 9 speed Dual-Control levers? It's not that mine are not working, it's just that my recent spate of crashes have lead to them being pretty scratched/cracked up.
You can get them for anywhere from $140 - $220 depending on where you shop. You can usually find them on ebay (new) for ~$160. I know of one source for $140, assuming she has any which I don't know. You may always run across a deal on ebay however, so I'd check there.

John

Wow, I just checked my usual place, and they're waaay expensive - even more than the Dura-Ace 9-sp. They list the 6600, so that might be a the 10-speed. Pricepoint has the ST-6510 listed at $229.98. Hmmmm... The Dura-Ace on Jenson are only $249 for triple. Weird.

These have strangely increased in price lately. 6mos - 1 year ago they were normally on sale at Perf for $160. Now they're up to $220. Same at other places. Hard comparison when record 10 speed ergo is $250.

cydewaze said:
Wow, I just checked my usual place, and they're waaay expensive - even more than the Dura-Ace 9-sp. They list the 6600, so that might be a the 10-speed. Pricepoint has the ST-6510 listed at $229.98. Hmmmm... The Dura-Ace on Jenson are only $249 for triple. Weird.

keydates said:

You can order new caps for $12 each and a set of boots for $17 to help them look newer if they still work and save a couple hundred bucks.

jitteringjr said:
You can order new caps for $12 each and a set of boots for $17 to help them look newer if they still work and save a couple hundred bucks.
Are these available direct from Shimano or through a dealer?

Slider77 said:
Are these available direct from Shimano or through a dealer?

I just got them today from the LBS to repair my shifters from my crash. Here is a link of the stuff they sold me. They don't have their on line ordering system up and running yet, but if you couldn't get them at your LBS, I am sure they would sell you them if you called them.

http://cobblestonebikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=39&SKU=BR5178
http://cobblestonebikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=39&SKU=LD7713

I am not sure if Shimano sell them direct.

Those parts are so expensive. Nashbar sells an road aero brake kit with its hoods, and 2 replacements hoods, all for $10 (yes, this has the levers!).

jitteringjr said:
I just got them today from the LBS to repair my shifters from my crash. Here is a link of the stuff they sold me. They don't have their on line ordering system up and running yet, but if you couldn't get them at your LBS, I am sure they would sell you them if you called them.

http://cobblestonebikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=39&SKU=BR5178
http://cobblestonebikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=39&SKU=LD7713

I am not sure if Shimano sell them direct.

jasong said:
Those parts are so expensive. Nashbar sells an road aero brake kit with its hoods, and 2 replacements hoods, all for $10 (yes, this has the levers!).

Got a link?

jasong said:
Great idea, but I'm confused as to how you're going to shift the bike now? Assuming the original poster doesn't have down-tube or bar-end shifters since they were asking about shifters.

John

No, it wasn't a solution to his problem. It was showing how inflated those prices are from Shimano when 4 hoods plus light levers cost 30% less than just 2 hoods. But, for someone wanting to go simple, you can buy downtube shifters (~80g) for around $30. Now you've dropped 200 grams and saved $150 (and made shifting more difficult!).

Mansmind said:
Great idea, but I'm confused as to how you're going to shift the bike now? Assuming the original poster doesn't have down-tube or bar-end shifters since they were asking about shifters.

John

very true!

jasong said:
No, it wasn't a solution to his problem. It was showing how inflated those prices are from Shimano when 4 hoods plus light levers cost 30% less than just 2 hoods. But, for someone wanting to go simple, you can buy downtube shifters (~80g) for around $30. Now you've dropped 200 grams and saved $150 (and made shifting more difficult!).