Primal

SuzieB

New Member
Oct 15, 2005
Oh man, bestest ride home yet today! Got home in under 30 minutes and hit 41km/h using pedal power on the flat! I might have a had a tail wind. :)

I am discovering the joys of doing washing every day as I only have two pairs of knicks and they have to be washed between wears so the washing machine is working overtime. I will have to buy some more knicks soon but I'd like to hold off until I've lost some more weight. I have enough tops now as I have one waiting for me to collect and another one on order, it's called Winona. I am very excited about that one as it comes from a great shop in the USA called Primal and I love their stuff. The thing with me and cycling tops is that the top has to be different from stuff I see around and I don't want to wear a team jersey.

This morning was chilly out and I thought about arm warmers and then I spotted these great arm warmers on the Primal site and they had to go in the order too! (http://tinyurl.com/aqvpv)

SuzieB wrote:
> Oh man, bestest ride home yet today! Got home in under 30 minutes and
> hit 41km/h using pedal power on the flat! I might have a had a tail
> wind. :)
>
> I am discovering the joys of doing washing every day as I only have
> two pairs of knicks and they have to be washed between wears so the
> washing machine is working overtime.

Thats every two days? Is my maths wrong. Sounds normal to me. Ian has
confirmed attendance in the morning. Like I believe it.

See me on TV?

Dave

SuzieB wrote:
> Oh man, bestest ride home yet today! Got home in under 30 minutes and
> hit 41km/h using pedal power on the flat! I might have a had a tail
> wind. :)
>
> I am discovering the joys of doing washing every day as I only have
> two pairs of knicks and they have to be washed between wears so the
> washing machine is working overtime. I will have to buy some more
> knicks soon but I'd like to hold off until I've lost some more weight.
> I have enough tops now as I have one waiting for me to collect and
> another one on order, it's called 'Winona' (http://tinyurl.com/9tth7).
> I am very excited about that one as it comes from a great shop in the
> USA called 'Primal' (http://www.primal-sports.com/) and I love their
> stuff. The thing with me and cycling tops is that the top has to be
> different from stuff I see around and I don't want to wear a team
> jersey.

Can I make a suggestion? Try washing your knicks in the shower with
you, this saves water, and because you're handwashing, means that the
knicks will probably last longer - even putting knicks in a bra-bag I
found that the chamois would come unstitched a lot quicker than if I
handwashed mine.

Bleve said:
Can I make a suggestion? Try washing your knicks in the shower with
you, this saves water, and because you're handwashing, means that the
knicks will probably last longer - even putting knicks in a bra-bag I
found that the chamois would come unstitched a lot quicker than if I
handwashed mine.

hey good tip! Will have to take up showering :D

On 2006-01-26, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> Bleve Wrote:
>>
>> Can I make a suggestion? Try washing your knicks in the shower with
>> you, this saves water, and because you're handwashing, means that the
>> knicks will probably last longer - even putting knicks in a bra-bag I
>> found that the chamois would come unstitched a lot quicker than if I
>> handwashed mine.

> hey good tip! Will have to take up showering :D

And wearing a bra.

--
TimC
Kleeneness is next to Godelness.

SuzieB said:
[...]

I have a couple of primal jerseys - they are great! Service/delivery plus price is also very good from primal.

SuzieB said:
I have enough tops now as I have one waiting for me to collect and another one on order, it's called Winona. I am very excited about that one as it comes from a great shop in the USA called Primal and I love their stuff. The thing with me and cycling tops is that the top has to be different from stuff I see around and I don't want to wear a team jersey.

This morning was chilly out and I thought about arm warmers and then I spotted these great arm warmers on the Primal site and they had to go in the order too! (http://tinyurl.com/aqvpv)

Well, how awesome! My package arrived today from Primal less than a week since it was ordered with the customs declaration nicely filled out with a value of US$7.50. :D
The top and arm warmers are both absolutely awesome although I did order the top the next size down for me so that's an added incentive to keep up the diet! LOL

SuzieB said:
Well, how awesome! My package arrived today from Primal less than a week since it was ordered with the customs declaration nicely filled out with a value of US$7.50. :D
The top and arm warmers are both absolutely awesome although I did order the top the next size down for me so that's an added incentive to keep up the diet! LOL

oooo which arm warmers did you SuzieB?? I have a pair with "tattoos" all over them - pretty funky!

SuzieB wrote:

> Well, how awesome! My package arrived today from Primal less than a
> week since it was ordered with the customs declaration nicely filled
> out with a value of US$7.50. :D
> The top and arm warmers are both absolutely awesome although I did
> order the top the next size down for me so that's an added incentive to
> keep up the diet! LOL

man after this thread started last week i went looking at the site and
found a jersey that has my somewhat unusual haida thunderbird tattoo on
it which i thought was really cool. naturally though they didn't have it
in my size!! doh

--brett

warrwych said:
oooo which arm warmers did you SuzieB?? I have a pair with "tattoos" all over them - pretty funky!

Of course it had to be the tattoo ones, only time you'll see tattoos on the visible parts of my body. Let's not mention the bits I normally keep covered. :D

SuzieB said:
Of course it had to be the tattoo ones, only time you'll see tattoos on the visible parts of my body. Let's not mention the bits I normally keep covered. :D

very nice! you have excellent taste SuzieB! :D They are a great weight for btn season riding or those cooller Victorian summer mornings