Primo Comet Kevlars?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Denny Voorhees, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
    comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted version.
    I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not
    Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
    > comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted
    > version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent
    > but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    I have two Primo Kevlars that are all but worn out. I never experienced a flat on them. I keep them
    around as spares.

  3. B17 Guy

    B17 Guy Guest

    I've got three on my trike and no flats in about 750 miles.

    Guy

  4. John

    John Guest

    900 miles on the front two wheels of my trike with little obvious wear, a few hundred on the rear.
    The 1.50 Primo Kevlars remain flat-free, though I try to avoid obvious hazards and do much of my
    riding on bike paths. Have noticed a few very small cuts which I've successfully sealed with some
    Permatex Ultra Black RTV Silicone gasket maker. Please, no comments about how anal I am...

  5. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
    > comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted
    > version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent
    > but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    I have them on my V2.Great tires but I have had flats on them .Little slivers of glass and thorns
    have worked their way through the kevlar belt. I do like them better than non kevlar.

  6. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    Hi John, Please let us know how well sealer you mention below adheres and works in general over
    about a hundred miles. Tire cuts bother me also since stuff gets stuck in them and can work through
    tire and cause flats. I've not used any sealers because of concern that soft sealers may attract
    road grit or hard sealers may work through tire. (Also I've never found anything that really adheres
    well to running shoe soles, and I've tried everything from Shoe Goo to hot glue gun glues.) Hope
    gasket maker works well.
    --
    ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

    "John" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Have noticed a few very small cuts which I've successfully sealed with some Permatex Ultra Black
    > RTV Silicone gasket maker.

  7. I've had a 37-406 on the front of my R40 LWB for a year now and I've got no complaints. Works so
    well, it even keeps the rear tire safe. But I'm one of those road-watching riders who doesn't get
    out much at night when the real road hazards are lurking. MB

    "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
    > comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any
    relevent
    > information about the Kevlar Belted version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for
    > my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

  8. Daybiker

    Daybiker Guest

    "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
    > comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted
    > version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent
    > but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    I have over 2000 miles on mine and zero flats.

  9. Floyd Sense

    Floyd Sense Guest

    I put a thousand miles on mine and never had a flat.