Primo Comet Kevlars?

Denny Voorhees

Guest
I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted version.
I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not
Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

"Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
> comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted
> version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent
> but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

I have two Primo Kevlars that are all but worn out. I never experienced a flat on them. I keep them
around as spares.

I've got three on my trike and no flats in about 750 miles.

Guy

900 miles on the front two wheels of my trike with little obvious wear, a few hundred on the rear.
The 1.50 Primo Kevlars remain flat-free, though I try to avoid obvious hazards and do much of my
riding on bike paths. Have noticed a few very small cuts which I've successfully sealed with some
Permatex Ultra Black RTV Silicone gasket maker. Please, no comments about how anal I am...

"Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
> comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted
> version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent
> but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

I have them on my V2.Great tires but I have had flats on them .Little slivers of glass and thorns
have worked their way through the kevlar belt. I do like them better than non kevlar.

Hi John, Please let us know how well sealer you mention below adheres and works in general over
about a hundred miles. Tire cuts bother me also since stuff gets stuck in them and can work through
tire and cause flats. I've not used any sealers because of concern that soft sealers may attract
road grit or hard sealers may work through tire. (Also I've never found anything that really adheres
well to running shoe soles, and I've tried everything from Shoe Goo to hot glue gun glues.) Hope
gasket maker works well.
--
~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth.sun.milkyway.virgo.universe..corsa~~~

"John" <[email protected]> wrote
> Have noticed a few very small cuts which I've successfully sealed with some Permatex Ultra Black
> RTV Silicone gasket maker.

I've had a 37-406 on the front of my R40 LWB for a year now and I've got no complaints. Works so
well, it even keeps the rear tire safe. But I'm one of those road-watching riders who doesn't get
out much at night when the real road hazards are lurking. MB

"Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
> comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any
relevent
> information about the Kevlar Belted version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for
> my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

"Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I wonder if anyone has experience with these tires. I am well aware of the reputation the plain
> comets have for flat problems. Has anyone any relevent information about the Kevlar Belted
> version. I'm looking for a resonably priced reliable tire for my Giro. Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent
> but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

I have over 2000 miles on mine and zero flats.

I put a thousand miles on mine and never had a flat.