printer problems

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Matthew Paterso, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I have installed cups on my slack 9.1 system.

    The cups daemon is running no problems.

    I added my printer (and Epson Stylus Color 760) with :

    /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p Epson -m stcolor.ppd -v parallel:/dev/par0 -E

    and this went fine.

    lpc / status reports:

    Epson: printer is on device 'parallel' speed -1 queuing is enabled printing is enabled 1 entries
    daemon present

    I can even run lpr <file> and it will add it to the print queue, as lpq reports :

    Rank Pri Owner Job Files Total Size active 50 mint 3 (stdin) 2048 bytes

    This happens with both user and root.

    Have I missed something, any ideas what could be wrong?

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

    Tags:

  2. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have installed cups on my slack 9.1 system.
    >
    > The cups daemon is running no problems.
    >
    > I added my printer (and Epson Stylus Color 760) with :
    >
    > /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p Epson -m stcolor.ppd -v parallel:/dev/par0 -E
    >
    > and this went fine.
    >
    > lpc / status reports:
    >
    > Epson: printer is on device 'parallel' speed -1 queuing is enabled printing is enabled 1 entries
    > daemon present
    >
    > I can even run lpr <file> and it will add it to the print queue, as lpq reports :
    >
    > Rank Pri Owner Job Files Total Size active 50 mint 3 (stdin) 2048 bytes
    >
    > This happens with both user and root.
    >
    > Have I missed something, any ideas what could be wrong?
    >
    > --
    > Matt
    >
    > Fear of a flat planet

    A bike ride might help. Couldn't hurt.

  3. On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:25:06 -0500, Marty wrote:

    > A bike ride might help. Couldn't hurt.

    Oops, my bad. Wrong group!

    Yeah, a bike ride might help. But its pissing it down.

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

  4. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:25:06 -0500, Marty wrote:

    > But its pissing it down.

    Same here in Mary Land. That's why I'm sitting here updating software and reading usenet.

  5. Zeeexsixare

    Zeeexsixare Guest

    "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have installed cups on my slack 9.1 system.

    Give me the root password and I'll fix it.

    Wait, no... it's all fscked up!

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training