printer problems

Matthew Paterso

Guest
Hi

I have installed cups on my slack 9.1 system.

The cups daemon is running no problems.

I added my printer (and Epson Stylus Color 760) with :

/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p Epson -m stcolor.ppd -v parallel:/dev/par0 -E

and this went fine.

lpc / status reports:

Epson: printer is on device 'parallel' speed -1 queuing is enabled printing is enabled 1 entries
daemon present

I can even run lpr <file> and it will add it to the print queue, as lpq reports :

Rank Pri Owner Job Files Total Size active 50 mint 3 (stdin) 2048 bytes

This happens with both user and root.

Have I missed something, any ideas what could be wrong?

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

"Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> I have installed cups on my slack 9.1 system.
>
> The cups daemon is running no problems.
>
> I added my printer (and Epson Stylus Color 760) with :
>
> /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p Epson -m stcolor.ppd -v parallel:/dev/par0 -E
>
> and this went fine.
>
> lpc / status reports:
>
> Epson: printer is on device 'parallel' speed -1 queuing is enabled printing is enabled 1 entries
> daemon present
>
> I can even run lpr <file> and it will add it to the print queue, as lpq reports :
>
> Rank Pri Owner Job Files Total Size active 50 mint 3 (stdin) 2048 bytes
>
> This happens with both user and root.
>
> Have I missed something, any ideas what could be wrong?
>
> --
> Matt
>
> Fear of a flat planet

A bike ride might help. Couldn't hurt.

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:25:06 -0500, Marty wrote:

> A bike ride might help. Couldn't hurt.

Oops, my bad. Wrong group!

Yeah, a bike ride might help. But its pissing it down.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet