Private members bill on cycle helmet compulsion.

"Peter Connolly" <[email protected]> writes:

> It hasn't been put before Parliament yet, so hasn't been published. Martlew has won seventh place
> in the Private Members Bill lottery - which gives 20 MPs a year the chance to bring forward their
> own piece of legislation for discussion before the house. To enter the lottery, you only have to
> provide the title of the bill; the text does not have to appear until it is presented to
> parliament. Now that Martlew has won a place in the lottery, he will be the target of pressure
> groups all wanting to get their own little piece in the bill. Martlew will have a draft of his
> bill, but it will be substantially changed before anyone gets a chance to see it.

Then is not this our moment to all write to him and suggest to him that instead of mandating helmets
he uses it for something more positive?

-- mens vacua in medio vacuo --

Simon Brooke wrote:
> Then is not this our moment to all write to him and suggest to him that instead of mandating
> helmets he uses it for something more positive?

Could be exactly the right time...comments following the line of "You DO realise your evidence is
flawed, and will be shown to be so"

His contact details are available on his website; http://www.ericmartlewmp.co.uk/

Regards,

Pete.

> Simon Brooke wrote:
>
>>[snip]
> His contact details are available on his website; http://www.ericmartlewmp.co.uk/

Hmm. He might be a helmet fetishist; his website says "under construction so wear a hard hat". Now
if he thinks I need a helmet to surf the web then I am not suprised he thinks bikes might be
dangerous :)

Peter

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:19:43 -0000, "Peter Connolly"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Could be exactly the right time...comments following the line of "You DO realise your evidence is
>flawed, and will be shown to be so"

Or we could use Operation Spiked Pit and let him blunder in with uncorrected Thompson, Rivara and
Thompson, to be demolished publicly in the House ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk