Pro Average Speed + Distance

whiteboytrash said:
I get the feeling that mcgr is full of **** anyway... posting ******** threads like this to get us all going.... we are being taken for a ride and not on a bike.......
mcgr:
"wow mister, this is a big car......and the seats feel really soft..what did you say you your name was?"

Fance Marmstrong:
"awe, dont you go worrin' 'bout my name..you can just call me Big Papa"

mcgr:
"are you sure it is ok that I stay with you?"

Fance Marmstrong:
"this is a big city little fella' and you need some food and a place to crash"

mcgr:
"this is my first time in the big city you know"

Fance Marmstrong:
"yea....I know......you just stick with me, I'll take care of you"

mcgr:
"are you sure I don't have to pay you?"

Fance Marmstrong:
"I dont need your cash...but we will find a way for you to pay me back....but don't worry 'bout that now tho, you just drink that slushie and eat those Ho Ho's....by the way....what size frame is it you ride?"

Doctor.House said:
Nobody should inject cow blood and chemo drusg to race professionally.

Where is the hypocrisy?

Grow up little Trev.
BTW House, you are being a real *****....even if the person writing this topic isn't an innocent kid looking for advice, you spouting the same poorly worded drivel almost makes it seem like you have these responses on your clipboard, and you just hit <paste> every time you respond. Come up with something a little less formulaic please, you are becoming a tad boring.

kid-join a club and get a good coach asap. Also in a bizarre way consider what Doctor House says because it seems that there is a general view that the best cyclists are generally doping.

If you consider this now you won't be so ****** when you dedicate 5 years of your life get to age 22/23 and some team manager takes you a side and says ..... Alberto, if you want to be great then you need to go see Fuentes :)

Rofl. ....

also have you checked out this website www.53x12.com :D Super Rofl

A big compliment coming from you.

Thanks for validating that my path is a righteous one.

I do not need lectures on how to respsond honestly to loaded questions.

Cow blood and chemo drugs ruin honest pacing.

Your apologies for dopers are also dull.

thoughtforfood said:
BTW House, you are being a real *****....even if the person writing this topic isn't an innocent kid looking for advice, you spouting the same poorly worded drivel almost makes it seem like you have these responses on your clipboard, and you just hit <paste> every time you respond. Come up with something a little less formulaic please, you are becoming a tad boring.

plectrum said:
kid-join a club and get a good coach asap. Also in a bizarre way consider what Doctor House says because it seems that there is a general view that the best cyclists are generally doping.

If you consider this now you won't be so ****** when you dedicate 5 years of your life get to age 22/23 and some team manager takes you a side and says ..... Alberto, if you want to be great then you need to go see Fuentes :)

Rofl. ....

also have you checked out this website www.53x12.com :D Super Rofl
Do you think the great man will get back to you re. your comments about naughty, doping docs ruining the sport? He probably regards this type of comment as free advertising.;)

Doctor.House said:
A big compliment coming from you.

Thanks for validating that my path is a righteous one.

I do not need lectures on how to respsond honestly to loaded questions.

Cow blood and chemo drugs ruin honest pacing.

Your apologies for dopers are also dull.
You find the post in which I am an apologist for dopers, and I will accept that criticism. Look hard though, and take your time because you will have to be pretty through to even get a hint of that.......in fact, you will have to fabricate a quote because it doesn't exist.

The question was not loaded, you are just a *****.

I am no fan of cow blood or chemo drugs....unless they are being used to help cancer (or any other legitimate disease) patients.

I think marijuana should be legalized, though I no longer smoke it.

I am a gemini, with blond hair; I like long walks on the beach and the smell of the air after it rains...........and you are still a hack without an original thought.

I know you are but what am I?

Apologist with jail house stripes. You and House need a room.

thoughtforfood said:
You find the post in which I am an apologist for dopers, and I will accept that criticism. Look hard though, and take your time because you will have to be pretty through to even get a hint of that.......in fact, you will have to fabricate a quote because it doesn't exist.

The question was not loaded, you are just a *****.

I am no fan of cow blood or chemo drugs....unless they are being used to help cancer (or any other legitimate disease) patients.

I think marijuana should be legalized, though I no longer smoke it.

I am a gemini, with blond hair; I like long walks on the beach and the smell of the air after it rains...........and you are still a hack without an original thought.

Doctor.House said:
Nobody should inject cow blood and chemo drusg to race professionally.

Where is the hypocrisy?

Grow up little Trev.
You really are a lost sole aren't you Doc.

I'll spell it out for you.
Kid wants to take up cycle racing.
Dr.H says, your speed is "dependant on how unethical you are"

Dr.H gets uppity when questioned, "are you suggesting that nobody should ever take up cycle racing, from club level to pro ranks?"
and "it's been claimed you have or do coach young riders?"

A number of posts that agree with your tripe not being welcome on a post about a young guy wanting to take up racing, wanting to know how fast pro's ride.

Dr.H's respone "I may save a life" (your meaning can be taken as, don't take up racing or you may die from doping??)

You are said to (or use to) coach junior cycling!!! and not denied it.

So does that mean you yourself are taking advantage of junior cyclists by coaching them, giving them dreams & goals, making money off them all for a sport & system that you despise? yet you are a part of the chain that makes it all possible.
There is your hypocrisy !
Enlighten us and correct us if thats wrong.

Back yourself up for a change, you don't answer any questions, you haven't said, No that coaching claim is true or untrue, and that you weren't posting to discourage juniors from taking up cycle racing.

Best of luck to Mcgr I hope he does join a club and gives it a go, races, enjoys it and improves.

Who is lost Trev? I say you are.

Lying to youth becomes you. Please stay away from children.

My answer is 100% correct. That is the same answer if you work on Wall Street in merchant banking or at ESPN and Disney.

Your speed and/or pace of success depends on whether you cheat, a lot or a little.

Fairy tales for for adults, not kids.

Trev_S said:
You really are a lost sole aren't you Doc.

I'll spell it out for you.
Kid wants to take up cycle racing.
Dr.H says, your speed is "dependant on how unethical you are"

Dr.H gets uppity when questioned, "are you suggesting that nobody should ever take up cycle racing, from club level to pro ranks?"
and "it's been claimed you have or do coach young riders?"

A number of posts that agree with your tripe not being welcome on a post about a young guy wanting to take up racing, wanting to know how fast pro's ride.

Dr.H's respone "I may save a life" (your meaning can be taken as, don't take up racing or you may die from doping??)

You are said to (or use to) coach junior cycling!!! and not denied it.

So does that mean you yourself are taking advantage of junior cyclists by coaching them, giving them dreams & goals, making money off them all for a sport & system that you despise? yet you are a part of the chain that makes it all possible.
There is your hypocrisy !
Enlighten us and correct us if thats wrong.

Back yourself up for a change, you don't answer any questions, you haven't said, No that coaching claim is true or untrue, and that you weren't posting to discourage juniors from taking up cycle racing.

Best of luck to Mcgr I hope he does join a club and gives it a go, races, enjoys it and improves.

What the hell are you talking about???????

we are talking about a kid wanting to race his pushbike.
Joining a club and getting out there to race and have some fun.
He asked a question how fast are pro's and somebody posted the correct answer, ie:approx 42km/h for about a 200km distance.

where did I lie. Prove yourself

(edit: this was in reference to a post by Dr.H which has since been removed, thanks mods)

Pro cycling tempo = based on doping methods or lack thereof

Fact:

See TDF speed averages or Dr Michele Ferarri's website for details

Inquiring minds need to know this.

Cover ups are for mass media and polictics

The young lad needs to join a cycling club.

If his wish is to race at professional level - he has to join a club and then he has to get placed in races in order to progress toward a professional contract.

limerickman said:
The young lad needs to join a cycling club.

If his wish is to race at professional level - he has to join a club and then he has to get placed in races in order to progress toward a professional contract.
Exactly right.

Doesn't matter how fast the pro's go. Join a cycling club and progress that way.

When I was 18, I could manage 36 - 37km/h on a mountain bike in 30 - 40 degree heat over 80+km - but never pursued cycling. I was only riding as rehabilitation for a knee reconstruction. How I wish I got a road bike earlier than I did and joined a cycling club and pursued cycling.

I'm going to pursue it now at 23 years of age, but the best I'll ever go with it is within a cycling club unfortunately. There is no doubt in my mind that I can get my fitness back if I put my head to it.

I regret not giving up football and pursuing cycling when I was younger. Football ended at the end of 2002 when the start of 2003 I had another knee reconstruction. So I regret it as at least cycling would have lasted well beyond that.

So my advice to the young lad is like yours, join a cycling club now, go on team rides and go in races and see how you go. That's the only way you'll progress. Forget how fast you can go, just race and build up from there. If you come near the rear, then so be it - you can always improve from there.

The reason why I wanted to know where he was located was I could have perhaps helped him with training as I have a great mind for fitness.

Grater said:
Where in Australia are you living mcgr?
He was from Forster in NSW.
I gave him some links for manningvalley cycling club and Port Macquarie to have a look at.