PRO CYCLING style jersey's

LB CYCLIST

Mar 22, 2010
well i was surfing the net(epay) and came across some pro style cycling kits for a real cheap price, almost seemed too good to be true.
5_037.jpg

1-4.jpg

im debating on buyin one, but not sure if these are knock offs or how good the quality is? im thinkin it would probaly be better to save up and buy one thats made by nalini or a known brand.they look good, i just dont wanna spend money on a jersey that will only last a few rides or so.

any1 buy any of these before?
or know if these are real or knock offs?

They do look good, but kinda like with the fast food places, the picture looks great but the actual product is nothing like it. The best thing is to check out the site/company, see if there is any feedback on it.

What's the asking price ?
What's the site/company ?

gman0482 said:
They do look good, but kinda like with the fast food places, the picture looks great but the actual product is nothing like it. The best thing is to check out the site/company, see if there is any feedback on it.

What's the asking price ?
What's the site/company ?
$46.99
$12.99 s/h
doesnt say what brand they are, but they come with bib shorts.for the price it aint bad.just not sure how good the quality is:confused:
ASTANA 2010 Cycling Jersey & bib Shorts Size S-XXL - eBay (item 270583874943 end time Jun-03-10 18:53:58 PDT)

LB CYCLIST said:
$46.99
$12.99 s/h
doesnt say what brand they are, but they come with bib shorts.for the price it aint bad.just not sure how good the quality is:confused:
ASTANA 2010 Cycling Jersey & bib Shorts Size S-XXL - eBay (item 270583874943 end time Jun-03-10 18:53:58 PDT)

My .02 cents. Sometimes the saying "too good to be true" is right. I'm always sketchy on ebay. I looked at the personal ratings for this seller and he looks solid overall I guess, but read 2 negative ratings of buyers saying that it's all fake. There's no company, no website link, just this weird ebay name.

So it comes down to your gut feeling, and your budget. If you can give $60 for a set that might be real or fake, then go for it. I personally wouldn't get it. Then again, how 'fake' could it be ? It looks ok.

Give this a look : Sale Pro Cycling Jerseys

-Greg

The sizing is really weird...a large is for a 39" chest, 35" waist, and 150 pound weight. What 150 pound cyclist has a 35" waist??

I have one of these... good quality for the price, but it's quite random. Sometimes you get ful-zip, sometimes only 3/4. you can't tell for sure but in my opinion it's not bad. I'm sure if I owned something better I'd think it wasn't so good.

Dr_hush1417 said:
I have one of these... good quality for the price, but it's quite random. Sometimes you get ful-zip, sometimes only 3/4. you can't tell for sure but in my opinion it's not bad. I'm sure if I owned something better I'd think it wasn't so good.

Dr, how much have you used them so far? I'm wondering how they'll hold up through wash and wear.

Do they look as good in person as the pics LB posted?

This is obviously not genuine pro kit by the original manufacturers, but copies. Whether they're properly licensed or not, or of decent quality, who knows for sure. When I buy stuff on ebay, at very least I need to know the name of the manufacturer.

A couple of years ago Descente released a line of reasonable facsimiles of team jersey from their golden era, the 1980s. They weren't 100% accurate but they looked sharp and gave decent value.

64Paramount said:
Dr, how much have you used them so far? I'm wondering how they'll hold up through wash and wear.

Do they look as good in person as the pics LB posted?

Yes they look very sharp, though the black on one of my jerseys turned more very dark purple pretty quickly, and as far as how they'll hold up... some pairs of shorts my friends got seem to hold up very well, no problems. and the ones I got haven't worn out or anything, though the material started getting little fuzzy fibers all over it.

I have ridden for about 9 months in them... Because I'm a beginning rider that's only been about 4500 km.

So like I said they are very random quality, from the same ebay seller, some friends of mine got air-vented sides, some, including me, didn't... and as for full-length zippers, it's usually either almost full-length but still not separating fully, or only about 3/4 length. And none of it is specified, they won't tell you that it comes with vented sides or whatnot.

Bottom line: If you want something cheap that will look pro, they are good. but I'm sure if I were to buy a pair of shorts from an LBS for 100$ I might not want to go back. Nothing has worn out at all, no rips, tears, deterioration, seams are all holding, ect.

Hope this helps.

The quality is ok on these, not great. Definitely not the real deal. I picked up a US Postal kit last year from Light in the box which may be the same seller you saw online. I don't believe the jersey had a label on it. If I remember correctly there was a stamp on it that said "Made in China". Funny thing was that the first jersey I received actually had "Postal Service" misspelled. I wrote to the seller and he sent me a new one right away.

LB CYCLIST said:
well i was surfing the net(epay) and came across some pro style cycling kits for a real cheap price, almost seemed too good to be true.
5_037.jpg

1-4.jpg

im debating on buyin one, but not sure if these are knock offs or how good the quality is? im thinkin it would probaly be better to save up and buy one thats made by nalini or a known brand.they look good, i just dont wanna spend money on a jersey that will only last a few rides or so.

any1 buy any of these before?
or know if these are real or knock offs?

Definitely knock-off.

Crappy stuff only good for a few rides and washings, IMO. I've been taken a couple times just hoping I'd get some reasonable quality, but each time I came away disappointed. The stitching is with poor quality thread and the material is extra thin. The chamois pads have been complete junk.

Save your dough and get quality, name brand stuff from reputable manufacturers - Nalini, Santini, Vermarc, Castelli, Pearl Izumi, etc...buy them on sale - full retail can be a little ridiculous, again IMO...Probikekit.com is a good site...

tonyzackery said:
Definitely knock-off.

Crappy stuff only good for a few rides and washings, IMO. I've been taken a couple times just hoping I'd get some reasonable quality, but each time I came away disappointed. The stitching is with poor quality thread and the material is extra thin. The chamois pads have been complete junk.

Save your dough and get quality, name brand stuff from reputable manufacturers - Nalini, Santini, Vermarc, Castelli, Pearl Izumi, etc...buy them on sale - full retail can be a little ridiculous, again IMO...Probikekit.com is a good site...

thats the same way i feel,i would rather save up some dough and by something thats better quality and name brand.

You've bought jerseys that "only lasted a few rides or so"? Where did you get those cheap jerseys at? I hope you didn't pay more then $3 for a jersey that only lasted a few rides, because Walmart jerseys have lasted me much more then a few rides, so far a few seasons, and cost $12, so I hope you didn't spend more then a couple of bucks for a "cheap" jersey that only lasted a few rides or so.

The cool thing about Walmart Jerseys is that I don't pay $60 for a jersey with a gaudy design on it; and it has the same percentage of polyester that the $60+ ones have...100% thus it wicks moisture the same.

Walmart sells jerseys??? WOW. Not sure they do up here in Canada but i'll have to have look-see. even though it's the EVIL EMPIRE store.

CdnRider said:
Walmart sells jerseys??? WOW. Not sure they do up here in Canada but i'll have to have look-see. even though it's the EVIL EMPIRE store.

They have tight and loose fitting jerseys, I like loose fitting ones because their actually cooler then the tight ones, and I prefer white for the same reason. These are not bike specific, in other words they don't have the pockets in the rear, otherwise their made of 100% polyester just like the expensive bike boutique ones and Walmart has a variety of colors.

i bought a jersey and short on ebay that were like that. they're not the most amazing shorts/jersey but they are holding up very well after about a year of hard use. if you decide to go with something different try teamfastgear.com they have good deals, amazing customer service, and the highest quality gear out there i always use them and i am very happy

I picked up one of the Castelli team kits a while back and within 15 minutes of riding on my new Selle Italia carbon saddle, it bled purple all over the white leather. It took a lot of elbow grease, a bit of tar remover, and stripping most of the beautiful white finish to get rid of the purple streaks that came from the ****-poor china based pad.
The grey pad pictured here looks similar. The dye used in the black shorts was probably the culprit, and the pad itself seemed ok, but it was enough to scare me from trying to save the $60 or so, not to mention wanting to squash these fakes and support both the sport and Castelli too.