"pro" cyclist on Blind Date?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chiefhiawatha, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he was
    a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.

    He said in the show he was 30 years or over.

    Anyone else catch this? Who was it?

    Tags:

  2. "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    > was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    >
    > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    >
    > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?

    The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the D3
    stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.

    K. Gringioni on a diet

  3. Mike Murray

    Mike Murray Guest

    Wasn't that Mike Tillman? Not exactly a "Masters Fatties".

    Mike Murray

  4. [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in news:chiefhiawatha- [email protected]:

    > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    > was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    >
    > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    >
    > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?

    What the hell were you doing watching blind date?

  5. Oldphart

    Oldphart Guest

    could be more exciting than this group? don't know for sure since I don't have a TV and yeah I know
    I post and read here so I'm now putting on my Ass-best-oes undies.

    PS No commentary on Gent-Wevel or the Fially at Redlands?

    Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
    > [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in news:chiefhiawatha-
    > [email protected]:
    >

    >>So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    >>was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    >>
    >>He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    >>
    >>Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    >

    > What the hell were you doing watching blind date?

  6. Scott Patton

    Scott Patton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    >> was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    >>
    >> He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    >>
    >> Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    >

    >The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the D3
    >stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.

    When you can hold Mike Tillman's wheel, please visit your local velodrome.

    Scott

    --
    -*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing
    Web Services

  7. In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Murray" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Wasn't that Mike Tillman? Not exactly a "Masters Fatties".

    Found a picture of Mike Tillman in an article about Schroeder Iron. That's who it was.

  8. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    > > was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    > >
    > > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    > >
    > > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    >

    > The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the D3
    > stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.
    >
    > K. Gringioni on a diet

    Does anyone remember when Paul Swift was on a dating show about 10 years ago (can't remember the
    name of it off the top of my head)? He ended up being picked for the date and in the long run
    probably lived to regret it, as her ex-husband was a drug dealer. You get the picture.

  9. On 10 Apr 2003, Carl Sundquist wrote:

    > > > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said
    > > > he was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    > > >
    > > > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    > >

    > > The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the D3
    > > stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.
    > >
    > > K. Gringioni on a diet
    >
    > Does anyone remember when Paul Swift was on a dating show about 10 years ago (can't remember the
    > name of it off the top of my head)?

    How could you forget 'Studs,' Carl?

    -CM

  10. "christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > On 10 Apr 2003, Carl Sundquist wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone remember when Paul Swift was on a dating show about 10 years ago (can't remember the
    > > name of it off the top of my head)?
    >
    > How could you forget 'Studs,' Carl?

    I remember the show (and Paul showed me a videotape of it), just couldn't remember the name. All I
    could remember was that it was a one syllable, one word name.

  11. I heard Jonathon Boyer was their first choice for the show, but they couldn't find a date young
    enough to be on the show with him.

    "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    > was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    >
    > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    >
    > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?

  12. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Actually it was Mike Tillman, pursuiter.

    > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    > > was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    > >
    > > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    > >
    > > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    >

    > The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the D3
    > stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.
    >

    > K. Gringioni on a diet

  13. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said he
    > > was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    > >
    > > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    > >
    > > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    >

    > The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the D3
    > stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.

    How's it like to Eat Crow Henry??

  14. "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > So on TNN tonight there was a "pro" cyclist named Mike. They never say the last name. He said
    > > > he was a full-time pro cyclist, training to make the olympics.
    > > >
    > > > He said in the show he was 30 years or over.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone else catch this? Who was it?
    > >

    > > The Masters Fatties are claiming to be pro. I knew it was only a matter
    of
    > > time with all the D3 stuff, but this is sooner than I thought.
    >
    > How's it like to Eat Crow Henry??

    yum yum.

    Tillman's not exactly skinny.

  15. Ken Papai said:

    > > How's it like to Eat Crow Henry??

    "How's it like"? Where did you learn English, Ken?

    Henry Chang said:

    > yum yum.
    >

    > Tillman's not exactly skinny.

    Right, he's clearly a porker:

    http://www.fixedgearfever.com/fot/images/fot_MikeTillman.jpg

    He should do something about all that flab, the slob.

    Henry, two questions:

    1. Doesn't this fat stuff ever get old with you?

    2. What is the cutoff for fatness, by your standards? Is there a BMI over which one is officially a
    'Chang fattie?'

    http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

    RJ, BMI = 21.6 (Chang fattie?)

  16. "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ken Papai said:
    >
    > > > How's it like to Eat Crow Henry??
    >
    > "How's it like"? Where did you learn English, Ken?
    >
    > Henry Chang said:
    >

    > > yum yum.
    > >

    > > Tillman's not exactly skinny.
    >
    > Right, he's clearly a porker:
    >
    > http://www.fixedgearfever.com/fot/images/fot_MikeTillman.jpg

    Doesn't look like a "porker" to me.

    > Henry, two questions:
    >
    > 1. Doesn't this fat stuff ever get old with you?

    no.

    > 2. What is the cutoff for fatness, by your standards? Is there a BMI over which one is officially
    > a 'Chang fattie?'
    >
    > http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm
    >
    > RJ, BMI = 21.6 (Chang fattie?)

    you're not a Fattie.

    I am.

    sincerely,

    M. Fattie

  17. farmersdaughter

    farmersdaughter New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2003

    That must have been an old episode, Mike Tillman was on it several years ago. I'd go out on a date with him anytime.