Probably a stupid question - drain at bottom of CamelBak?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, May 8, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Ok, so is this only for if the reservoir leaks, so it has a place to drain, or am i going to get
    condensation dripping down the crack of my ass?
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 08 May 2003 17:51:11 +0000, Technician did issue forth:

    > Ok, so is this only for if the reservoir leaks, so it has a place to drain, or am i going to get
    > condensation dripping down the crack of my ass?

    Don't know what sort of reservoir you've got there, Travis, but apparently there were problems with
    certain batches of the Omega (the one with the *huge* stopper) reservoir.

    Try contacting Camelbak (I assume that they are they deal with problems in the US, not some
    distributor), if Camelbak fob you off, then it's time to go back to where it was originally
    bought from.

    I've got two 'baks. My Olde Style Camelbak doesn't leak, the Omega one does, and is waiting for me
    to get a round tuit and send it back.

    --
    Huw Pritchard

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > Ok, so is this only for if the reservoir leaks, so it has a place to drain, or am i going to get
    > condensation dripping down the crack of my ass?
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net

    Only if your bladder is leaking. I think it's so the contents of your pack don't end up floating
    around in that water. It might also be a good way for you to notice a leak sooner that you would if
    it wasn't there.

    Matt

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ok, so is this only for if the reservoir leaks, so it has a place to drain, or am i going to get
    > > condensation dripping down the crack of my ass?
    > > --
    > > ~Travis
    > >
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net
    >
    > Only if your bladder is leaking. I think it's so the contents of your pack don't end up floating
    > around in that water. It might also be a good way for you to notice a leak sooner that you would
    > if it wasn't there.
    >
    > Matt

    That's pretty much what i figured, as if it had enough condensation that it needs a drain, i would
    guess the pocket would get pretty rank after a while.
    --

  5. MattB wrote:
    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Ok, so is this only for if the reservoir leaks, so it has a place to drain, or am i going to get
    >>condensation dripping down the crack of my ass?
    >>--
    >>~Travis
    >>
    >>travis57 at megalink dot net
    >

    > Only if your bladder is leaking. I think it's so the contents of your pack don't end up floating
    > around in that water. It might also be a good way for you to notice a leak sooner that you would
    > if it wasn't there.

    "It's not a bug, it's a feature" (all of them have it ;)

  6. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  7. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > "It's not a bug, it's a feature"
    >
    > LOL! I use that line all the time!
    >
    > Matt (in the software business)

    LOL, yeah. some of my PHP web applications have a few unintended features. ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

  8. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 9 May 2003 09:54:56 -0600, MattB wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> "It's not a bug, it's a feature"
    >
    > LOL! I use that line all the time!
    >
    > Matt (in the software business)

    That, and "it'll be fixed in the NEXT release"?