probike kit! sooo annoying...

Paul (NCC/CS).

Guest
hiya,

probikekit .com are beginning to bug me. I ordered tyres a month ago
and they got lost in the mail.

it's most likely not their fault.

but communicating with them is almost impossible.
1 reply from about a dozen emails.

sigh....

pauly

anyone else love or hate 'em?

"In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates ?"

Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
> hiya,
>
> probikekit .com are beginning to bug me. I ordered tyres a month ago
> and they got lost in the mail.
>
> it's most likely not their fault.
>
> but communicating with them is almost impossible.
> 1 reply from about a dozen emails.
>
> sigh....
>
> pauly
>

> anyone else love or hate 'em?

I've had stuff get 'lost' from them before, but they've always re-sent
the goods without any questions. This is the exception rather than the
rule though...

And of all the emails I've sent, they have almost always replied to
them within the day.

Maybe you are just catching them on an off day?? I can't speak highly
enough of them... I've bought tyres, chain oil, jerseys, bib knicks,
gloves, and other assorted goodies from them.

Good luck!!
Abby

"Absent Husband" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
> > hiya,
> >
> > probikekit .com are beginning to bug me. I ordered tyres a month ago
> > and they got lost in the mail.
> >
> > it's most likely not their fault.
> >
> > but communicating with them is almost impossible.
> > 1 reply from about a dozen emails.
> >
> > sigh....
> >
> > pauly
> >

> > anyone else love or hate 'em?
> >

> I've had stuff get 'lost' from them before, but they've always re-sent
> the goods without any questions. This is the exception rather than the
> rule though...
>
> And of all the emails I've sent, they have almost always replied to
> them within the day.
>
> Maybe you are just catching them on an off day?? I can't speak highly
> enough of them... I've bought tyres, chain oil, jerseys, bib knicks,
> gloves, and other assorted goodies from them.
>
> Good luck!!
> Abby

Yeah in the last month I've had them send the wrong item and I got the keep
the original and they sent out a replacement free of charge right away.
Only took one day to answer my emails as well.

I also had to send back a pair of shoes I bought for a mate that didn't fit.
I had to pay for shipping to them but they sent out the replacement pair
free of charge and even emailed me twice to tell me when the first pair was
recieved and when the others pair was shipped.

Can't speak highly enough of them.

My only gripe is when you buy a campy record cassette and the damn thing
doesn't come with the lockring?? How that is standard is beyond me??

vintage wrote:
> Can't speak highly enough of them.
>
> My only gripe is when you buy a campy record cassette and the damn thing
> doesn't come with the lockring?? How that is standard is beyond me??

That's a campy thing, keep your lockring (and be aware that there are
two sizes).

That said my last 10 sp cluster came with one...

Personally I love 'em....tyres for 50% of retail in Aus...delivered 7-10 days...can't go wrong. A mate ordered a 'chorus' cluster recently & they sent him a 'record'.....don't think he was planning on complaining!

"Hitchy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Personally I love 'em....tyres for 50% of retail in Aus...delivered 7-10
> days...can't go wrong. A mate ordered a 'chorus' cluster recently & they
> sent him a 'record'.....don't think he was planning on complaining!
>

> --
> Hitchy

Even less than that. I get Vittoria ones that are $75 retail here for $20.
I get mates in on the order and divide shipping up between them so I don't
pay zip for shipping myself :)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:48:14 +1000, vintage wrote:

> "Absent Husband" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
>> > hiya,
>> >
>> > probikekit .com are beginning to bug me. I ordered tyres a month ago
>> > and they got lost in the mail.
>> >
>> > it's most likely not their fault.
>> >
>> > but communicating with them is almost impossible.
>> > 1 reply from about a dozen emails.
>> >
>> > sigh....
>> >
>> > pauly
>> >

>> > anyone else love or hate 'em?
>> >

>> I've had stuff get 'lost' from them before, but they've always re-sent
>> the goods without any questions. This is the exception rather than the
>> rule though...
>>
>> And of all the emails I've sent, they have almost always replied to
>> them within the day.
>>
>> Maybe you are just catching them on an off day?? I can't speak highly
>> enough of them... I've bought tyres, chain oil, jerseys, bib knicks,
>> gloves, and other assorted goodies from them.
>>
>> Good luck!!
>> Abby
>>

> Yeah in the last month I've had them send the wrong item and I got the keep
> the original and they sent out a replacement free of charge right away.
> Only took one day to answer my emails as well.
>
> I also had to send back a pair of shoes I bought for a mate that didn't fit.
> I had to pay for shipping to them but they sent out the replacement pair
> free of charge and even emailed me twice to tell me when the first pair was
> recieved and when the others pair was shipped.
>
> Can't speak highly enough of them.
>
> My only gripe is when you buy a campy record cassette and the damn thing
> doesn't come with the lockring?? How that is standard is beyond me??

Campy supply the (12t) lockring with the hubset. Which makes sense because
your cassette will wear out, but the lockring won't. They do supply a
lockring with their 11t cassettes, however, because you won't have got one
with your hubset.

--

phillip brown

"**** doesn't just happen. there is always an ass-hole involved"