ProBikeKit.com - Awesome

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by GPLama, Jul 24, 2005.

  1. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    Two thumbs up for my second order from them this month.. 5 business days
    later and I now have my new goodies.. hmmm carbon pump... hmmm I think I'll
    be made fun of on BR 58 ;)

    Speaking of.. where is Jazmo these days? Do I recall correctly that he was
    going over to watch some TdF stages?

    cheers,
    GPL

    Tags:

  2. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    yes, probike is the ducks nuts.

    i did an order on a wednesday arvo, received the package on monday arvo. brilliant. Its a shame they are not giving the discount anymore though.

  3. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    "GPLama" wrote in message ...
    >. hmmm carbon pump... hmmm I think I'll
    > be made fun of on BR 58 ;)

    Can't we start now?

    Parbs

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    why not? :D

    will it live thru the Lama pump-techniqueâ„¢ tho???

  5. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

    >> Can't we start now?
    >>
    >> Parbs

    > why not? :D
    >
    > will it live thru the Lama pump-techniqueT tho???

    Oh god... it has taken me 1hr 20mins to set everything up for 1hr on the
    trainer... I'll post a pump story when I've done my time on the bike tonight
    :)

    cheers,
    GPL

  6. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004
    You sure 142 PSI is going to be enough for you? :D

    Whats the longest time people have waited for a product to come in stock?

  7. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, byron27 wrote:

    > GPLama Wrote:
    >> Two thumbs up for my second order from them this month.. 5 business days
    >> later and I now have my new goodies.. hmmm carbon pump... hmmm I think
    >> I'll
    >> be made fun of on BR 58 ;)
    >>
    >> Speaking of.. where is Jazmo these days? Do I recall correctly that he
    >> was
    >> going over to watch some TdF stages?
    >>

    >> cheers,
    >> GPL

    > yes, probike is the ducks nuts.
    >
    > i did an order on a wednesday arvo, received the package on monday
    > arvo. brilliant. Its a shame they are not giving the discount anymore
    > though.
    >

    > --
    > byron27
    >
    > 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

    I was happy with receiving my Wednesday order on Tuesday. However the
    jersey didn't fit me, I went by the sizings on the site but when it showed
    up it was a medium, which I'm not. But I didn't want to bother sending it
    back if they had nothing else I wanted to buy. So I emailed them. No
    response (except the automated one) for more than 48 hours. So I emailed
    them again, stating that seeing as they hadn't gotten back to me and
    that's why I hadn't sent my stuff back, I wanted the returns period
    extended in accordance with that.

    At which point the lovely assistant wrote back saying that they hadn't
    seen another email from me (despite the fact that the original email and
    auto response were included in the body) and I could return my shorts if I
    liked. What shorts? I was polite on my response and pointed out these
    things but I already found a local taker for the jersey so it didn't
    matter... this time.

    Yes, sales are great. Service is... interesting...

    Tam

  8. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, byron27 wrote:

    > GPLama Wrote:
    >> Two thumbs up for my second order from them this month.. 5 business days
    >> later and I now have my new goodies.. hmmm carbon pump... hmmm I think
    >> I'll
    >> be made fun of on BR 58 ;)
    >>
    >> Speaking of.. where is Jazmo these days? Do I recall correctly that he
    >> was
    >> going over to watch some TdF stages?
    >>

    >> cheers,
    >> GPL

    > yes, probike is the ducks nuts.
    >
    > i did an order on a wednesday arvo, received the package on monday
    > arvo. brilliant. Its a shame they are not giving the discount anymore
    > though.
    >

    > --
    > byron27
    >
    > 6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

    I was happy with receiving my Wednesday order on Tuesday. However the
    jersey didn't fit me, I went by the sizings on the site but when it showed
    up it was a medium, which I'm not. But I didn't want to bother sending it
    back if they had nothing else I wanted to buy. So I emailed them. No
    response (except the automated one) for more than 48 hours. So I emailed
    them again, stating that seeing as they hadn't gotten back to me and
    that's why I hadn't sent my stuff back, I wanted the returns period
    extended in accordance with that.

    At which point the lovely assistant wrote back saying that they hadn't
    seen another email from me (despite the fact that the original email and
    auto response were included in the body) and I could return my shorts if I
    liked. What shorts? I was polite on my response and pointed out these
    things but I already found a local taker for the jersey so it didn't
    matter... this time.

    Yes, sales are great. Service is... interesting...

    Tam

  9. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

    > no, honestly. its ok. we'll survive :rolleyes:

    but I insist... ;)... Mini pump - means MANY pumps to get anything into
    the tyre.. nothing new there... but in true "gpl has issues changing tyres"
    style - I finished pumping the wheel up and thought the valve was a little
    wiggly, so I put on the little round nutty thingy.. and pssssss... i managed
    to rip the value out from the tube.. hmmmphhhh.. yet another lesson I learn

    cheers,
    GPL
    :it only counts when people are there laughing at me right?:

  10. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

    > no, honestly. its ok. we'll survive :rolleyes:

    but I insist... ;)... Mini pump - means MANY pumps to get anything into
    the tyre.. nothing new there... but in true "gpl has issues changing tyres"
    style - I finished pumping the wheel up and thought the valve was a little
    wiggly, so I put on the little round nutty thingy.. and pssssss... i managed
    to rip the value out from the tube.. hmmmphhhh.. yet another lesson I learn

    cheers,
    GPL
    :it only counts when people are there laughing at me right?:

  11. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "essendon93" wrote in message ...

    > You sure 142 PSI is going to be enough for you? :D

    I was only able to get about 100 into the tyre with it.. I blame 'climber
    arms' for that ;).. still, for the size and weight 100psi will get me home
    to the safety of my floor pump..

    > Whats the longest time people have waited for a product to come in
    > stock?

    I had them email alert me when the Ultegra PD6610R road pedal's weren't
    in.. took around 2 weeks from memory.. btw awesome pedals if anyone is
    looking for nice road pedals at the best price around..

    cheers,
    GPL

  12. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "essendon93" wrote in message ...

    > You sure 142 PSI is going to be enough for you? :D

    I was only able to get about 100 into the tyre with it.. I blame 'climber
    arms' for that ;).. still, for the size and weight 100psi will get me home
    to the safety of my floor pump..

    > Whats the longest time people have waited for a product to come in
    > stock?

    I had them email alert me when the Ultegra PD6610R road pedal's weren't
    in.. took around 2 weeks from memory.. btw awesome pedals if anyone is
    looking for nice road pedals at the best price around..

    cheers,
    GPL

  13. Zoom

    Zoom Guest

    GPLama wrote:
    > "essendon93" wrote in message ...
    >
    >>You sure 142 PSI is going to be enough for you? :D

    > I was only able to get about 100 into the tyre with it.. I blame 'climber
    > arms' for that ;).. still, for the size and weight 100psi will get me home
    > to the safety of my floor pump..
    >

    > cheers,
    > GPL

    The problem with most of those little pumps is that they're made for
    mountain bikes and tend to be "fat" in order to move lots of air. the
    drawback is that it's hard to get high pressures because force =
    pressure times area. You simply can't force the air in. Skinny pumps
    take longer but at least you can get a higher pressure.

    Zoom

  14. Zoom

    Zoom Guest

    GPLama wrote:
    > "essendon93" wrote in message ...
    >
    >>You sure 142 PSI is going to be enough for you? :D

    > I was only able to get about 100 into the tyre with it.. I blame 'climber
    > arms' for that ;).. still, for the size and weight 100psi will get me home
    > to the safety of my floor pump..
    >

    > cheers,
    > GPL

    The problem with most of those little pumps is that they're made for
    mountain bikes and tend to be "fat" in order to move lots of air. the
    drawback is that it's hard to get high pressures because force =
    pressure times area. You simply can't force the air in. Skinny pumps
    take longer but at least you can get a higher pressure.

    Zoom

  15. Zoom

    Zoom Guest

    GPLama wrote:
    > "essendon93" wrote in message ...
    >
    >>You sure 142 PSI is going to be enough for you? :D

    > I was only able to get about 100 into the tyre with it.. I blame 'climber
    > arms' for that ;).. still, for the size and weight 100psi will get me home
    > to the safety of my floor pump..
    >

    > cheers,
    > GPL

    The problem with most of those little pumps is that they're made for
    mountain bikes and tend to be "fat" in order to move lots of air. the
    drawback is that it's hard to get high pressures because force =
    pressure times area. You simply can't force the air in. Skinny pumps
    take longer but at least you can get a higher pressure.

    Zoom

  16. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    "till!" wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > At which point the lovely assistant wrote back saying that they hadn't
    > > seen another email from me (despite the fact that the original email
    > > and
    > > auto response were included in the body) and I could return my shorts
    > > if I
    > > liked. What shorts? I was polite on my response and pointed out these
    > > things but I already found a local taker for the jersey so it didn't
    > > matter... this time.
    > >
    > > Yes, sales are great. Service is... interesting...
    > >

    > It wasnt laura? She tried to claim that the autoresponders Id been
    > getting for *five days* counted as replies to my message =)
    >
    > Twats made me mail back some worthless lockring they supplied instead
    > of a campy cassette lockring ring. Ill let you know how good their
    > return process is after it happens.
    >
    > They're good, as long as you can afford the exposure when they screw
    > your orders up.
    >
    > till
    >
    > --
    > till!

    Yeah, it was Laura. From her vague, unrelated response, I got the
    impression that she was a NVI-PYT (not very intelligent, pretty young
    thing).

    Tam

  17. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    "till!" wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > At which point the lovely assistant wrote back saying that they hadn't
    > > seen another email from me (despite the fact that the original email
    > > and
    > > auto response were included in the body) and I could return my shorts
    > > if I
    > > liked. What shorts? I was polite on my response and pointed out these
    > > things but I already found a local taker for the jersey so it didn't
    > > matter... this time.
    > >
    > > Yes, sales are great. Service is... interesting...
    > >

    > It wasnt laura? She tried to claim that the autoresponders Id been
    > getting for *five days* counted as replies to my message =)
    >
    > Twats made me mail back some worthless lockring they supplied instead
    > of a campy cassette lockring ring. Ill let you know how good their
    > return process is after it happens.
    >
    > They're good, as long as you can afford the exposure when they screw
    > your orders up.
    >
    > till
    >
    > --
    > till!

    Yeah, it was Laura. From her vague, unrelated response, I got the
    impression that she was a NVI-PYT (not very intelligent, pretty young
    thing).

    Tam

  18. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    "till!" wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > At which point the lovely assistant wrote back saying that they hadn't
    > > seen another email from me (despite the fact that the original email
    > > and
    > > auto response were included in the body) and I could return my shorts
    > > if I
    > > liked. What shorts? I was polite on my response and pointed out these
    > > things but I already found a local taker for the jersey so it didn't
    > > matter... this time.
    > >
    > > Yes, sales are great. Service is... interesting...
    > >

    > It wasnt laura? She tried to claim that the autoresponders Id been
    > getting for *five days* counted as replies to my message =)
    >
    > Twats made me mail back some worthless lockring they supplied instead
    > of a campy cassette lockring ring. Ill let you know how good their
    > return process is after it happens.
    >
    > They're good, as long as you can afford the exposure when they screw
    > your orders up.
    >
    > till
    >
    > --
    > till!

    Yeah, it was Laura. From her vague, unrelated response, I got the
    impression that she was a NVI-PYT (not very intelligent, pretty young
    thing).

    Tam

  19. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    GPLama wrote:

    > but I insist... ;)... Mini pump - means MANY pumps to get anything into
    > the tyre.. nothing new there... but in true "gpl has issues changing tyres"
    > style - I finished pumping the wheel up and thought the valve was a little
    > wiggly, so I put on the little round nutty thingy.. and pssssss... i managed
    > to rip the value out from the tube.. hmmmphhhh.. yet another lesson I learn
    >

    > cheers,
    > GPL
    > :it only counts when people are there laughing at me right?:

    I'm glad nobody was at my house listening to the cursing on Saturday
    when I couldn't get my floor pump to work. I'd been having some problems
    with a foot pump I use for the motorbike so have been alternating
    between that and the bike floor pump. On Saturday I went to pump up the
    MTB tyres but couldn't get the pump connection to fit to the valve.
    Tried every MTB tube I had and same thing. Came to the conclusion that
    using it on the m'bike had stuffed it. Went to pump up the m'bike tyre
    yesterday and realised the lever on the pump connection folds in to seal
    on the foot pump, but out on the floor pump. I'd been tryign to connect
    the bloody thing in its sealed position! Grrrrrrrrrr! :(

    DaveB "where's the standards association for pumps"

  20. DaveB

    DaveB Guest