ProBikeKit.com - Awesome

What I find funny with the whole ProBikeKit thing is the huge amount of
stuff on ebay that people have obviously bought from PBK and sell for a
huge markup but still less than LBS prices. What I find even funnier is
that people buy it.

Bruce.

Bruce wrote:

What I find even funnier is that people buy it.

I can understand if people want to get rid of something they've bought from ProBikeKit, but charging extra is a bit rude. Having said that, like you said - people fall for it.

Tamyka bought a jersey which was way too big the other week, and I've got a pair of Adidas knicks with the ugliest white triple stripes down the side (absolutely hideous and they did not have those stripes on the website image) which are also a tad on the big side... it's hard to return stuff to ProBikeKit and with a lot of things, I'm more inclined to visit my LBS than use ProBikeKit because of incidents I've had, for instance, when I bought a pair of Time shoes and they didn't send me the adaptor plate and I ended up having to get it ordered in by a local bikeshop (eventually, when they FINALLY got all my e-mails, they did give me a credit... but it was a sh!tfight). Also, their sizing (1 - 10??!?!) is a bit dodgy, but of course that's not their fault...

LotteBum

LotteBum wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
>
> What I find even funnier is that people buy it.
>
> I can understand if people want to get rid of something they've bought
> from ProBikeKit, but charging extra is a bit rude. Having said that,
> like you said - people fall for it.
>
> Tamyka bought a jersey which was way too big the other week, and I've
> got a pair of Adidas knicks with the ugliest white triple stripes down
> the side (absolutely hideous and they did not have those stripes on the
> website image) which are also a tad on the big side... it's hard to
> return stuff to ProBikeKit and with a lot of things, I'm more inclined
> to visit my LBS than use ProBikeKit because of incidents I've had, for
> instance, when I bought a pair of Time shoes and they didn't send me
> the adaptor plate and I ended up having to get it ordered in by a local
> bikeshop (eventually, when they FINALLY got all my e-mails, they did
> give me a credit... but it was a sh!tfight). Also, their sizing (1 -
> 10??!?!) is a bit dodgy, but of course that's not their fault...
>
> LotteBum
>
> --
> LotteBum

Damn shame about sizings, that black jersey was so sexy, but hey, it
made a good birthday present...

Tam

Kim Hawtin wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > Yeah, it was Laura. From her vague, unrelated response, I got the
> > impression that she was a NVI-PYT (not very intelligent, pretty young
> > thing).

> the word for that is; B.I.N.T.
>
> cheers,
>
> kim

That ain't a word, it's an acronym, and it's got more than 3 letters so
I'm lost!

T.A.M.

Tamyka wrote:
> Kim wrote:
>>Tamyka wrote:
>>>Yeah, it was Laura. From her vague, unrelated response, I got the
>>>impression that she was a NVI-PYT (not very intelligent, pretty young
>>>thing).

>>the word for that is; B.I.N.T.
>>
>>cheers,
>>
>>kim

> That ain't a word, it's an acronym, and it's got more than 3 letters so
> I'm lost!
>
> T.A.M.

well, um ... bint[1] is an aribic word for 'young woman', IIRR, but i
use it to mean; blonde insecure neurotic teenager... same kind of thing
as cute. cute means; interesting but not practical ...

i can't think of anything that T.A.M. can stand for, so you're safe
right now ;)

cheers,

kim
[1] some may recognise it from; "because some moistened threw a sword at
yah"[2]
[2] its the season for python references, me thinks