probikekit thoughts

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by n_sumo23, Nov 28, 2006.

1. n_sumo23

n_sumo23 New Member

hi
    i am thinking of buying some clothes of probikekit.com
    i was just wondering if anyone has used this site and what they think, how long shipping took etc

thanks

Tags:

2. jerrek

jerrek New Member

When i have ordered in the past it has taken about 5 days to arrive to Victoria.

Cheers

3. brettm

brettm New Member

hello n_sumo23,

I've purchased from ProBikeKit a number of times and they are very reliable, generally quick to respond to e-mails. Shipping varies, the quickest delivery I've received was 6 days (including a weekend in there) but on average it always turns up within 2 weeks. Highly recommended from me.

Brett.

4. Ian179

Ian179 New Member

I have used Probikekit, good service, and one of the cheapest on the net, I can't recall how long the shipping took, but I think it was within a week. If you keep your purchases under AU$1,000 you don't pay any duty.

5. DamianM

DamianM New Member

I was blown away by them this week. I ordered something last Thursday night, and had it arrive on Monday morning!

6. n_sumo23

n_sumo23 New Member

also, what is the sizing with jerseys like? if i went for the correct chest size would it give me a tight or loose fit?
    thanks

7. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Can't directly help you with Jersey sizes as I have non-cycllist shaped body, I went for a large long sleeve and then got the taylor to take them in around the wasit. I have extra long arms and the long sleeves were a little short for me, so they should fit standard arms just fine. The size L body was what I'd expect if I brought size L in Australia. Any mail order clothing order will have an associated risk to it, simply because you cant try in on.

My delivery from ProbikeKit was also amazing. Ordered Friday morning, received Tuesday. There was a multi tool missing from my order, I emailed them and they appoligised and sent it thru.

Torpedo7 was also quick to deliver.

8. thomas_cho

thomas_cho New Member

I have been ordering from Probikekit for about a year already. Anyone noticed that their prices have gone up?

I was also dissapointed that they have taken away the old method of purchasing group parts, where you would get a discount if purchasing things from the same group.

Now they only offer a 10% discount when bundling cassette and chain.

But their prices are still very much lower than what you would get from the LBS. Tyre prices are just amazing.

9. nathanb74

nathanb74 New Member

Having bought gear back home it is great to be able to buy parts etc over here and is much more affordable. Although, I'd rather be training back home at the moment.

10. Lama

Lama New Member

I have had very similar shipping times when ordering from them - is really amazing. Have been ordering from them for around 2-3 years & they have been competatively priced, consistant, easy to deal, and had fast delivery ALL the time from them. Basically havnt been able to fault them in this time. Two thumbs up.

11. 1id10t

1id10t New Member

A thumbs up from me too. Delivery is well within the week. In fact, putting in an order today....buying myself some early Xmas presents:D

12. BikingBrian

BikingBrian New Member

I have also been ordering from them the past 3 years or so, always speedy service (1 week to Japan), never had any problems. Since the shipping charges are a flat fee (12 pounds?), I usually put together an order with friends and split it.
    Oh...the Italian-made stuff (like some of the ProRace brand items) are sized small, as is usual for Italian stuff (it fits a little tight). Something to consider when ordering, depending how you like your stuff to fit.

13. bobbyOCR

bobbyOCR New Member

They are quick, reliable and most importantly cheap. Nothing bad about them.

14. Albert 50

Albert 50 New Member

....unless you are the owner of a LBS in Oz who can't avoid charging GST for eg.....

15. bobbyOCR

bobbyOCR New Member

Ahh yes. there is nothing like trying to compete with a lower-than-wholesale pro2race tyre for $35. My LBS attempts to do that. They have them at $65