Problem fitting Campy Skeleton brakes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tanc, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Tanc

Tanc New Member

Hi, can anyone advise me on how to fit the Campagnolo Skeleton brakes to my frame? My problem seems to be the depth of the mounting point on my carbon rear stays is too deep for the length of the bolt on the brakes. Most bikes look like they have a much thinner section of tubing that the brakes would attach to but my bike has a really deep section of carbon at the mount point. This makes it impossible to fit the brake as it looks designed for the smaller depth mount point. Can anyone help me out?

The image below illustrates the depth of the rear brake (on the right) mounting bolt.

[​IMG]

Below is an image of my carbon rear stays and the deeper section where the mounting point is.

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. caferacerwanabe

caferacerwanabe New Member

Yes you need a longer a/key fastener any decent bike shop should be able to sort you out for about 5 bucks each , remember the front brake needs at least 5 threads holding on so make sure the front sleeve is long enough because that Campagnolo image shows the front brake with a fastener that fits very few current forks.
    When I say decent shop I mean the sort crammed full of spares & knowledge rather than nice lighting & kids selling on commission ;)
    NOR: Parkers, [email protected] Prestige,
    SOR: Mercers, Ideal , Churchills

3. Tanc

Tanc New Member

Excellent, I'll give the LBS a call and see what they come up with.

4. John M

John M New Member

Campagnolo makes brake fixing nuts as long as 30mm. They are expensive though, so i would suggest the Problem solvers brand, which are adequate and are about 1/4 of the cost.