problem, polar 720i HRM, and Cateye double wireless computer

stormer94

May 19, 2004
I put a cateye double wireless computer on my TT bike. took me 3 hours to figure it out, but got it going. I was wearing my heart rate monitor, Polar 720i, and without the Polar sensors on the bike, I was getting readings for cadence and speed. They were wrong readings, but were obviously spilling over from the cateye system. now I'm worried.

I haven't put the Polar sensors on the bike yet, well, because I haven't bought them yet (they are on my other bike and I'm not switching 'em :O). Should I be looking for a different computer? Or will this system iron it self out when I put the polar sensors on?

Can you run 2 wireless setups like that? HRM and computer.

Thanks for your time.

-Bob

If you have a Polar 720 why would you need the Cateye????

I’d remove the Cateye from the bike and install the Polar speed (and cadence if you have it) sensor. And then just use the Polar.

I’ve been told that Cateye and Polar use the same wireless frequencies, so if you do install the Polar sensors, and keep the Cateye on the same bike probably nothing will register correctly.

What’s on my bike?? A Polar 725 and the power unit. The power unit is wired to the bar mount for the 725, and it includes speed and cadence too.

bikeguy2004 said:
If you have a Polar 720 why would you need the Cateye????

This is the double wireless cateye without the HRM. and the 720i has elevation. Plus, it's on a TT bike, so I wanted a clean install and went wireless. Additionally, I have multiple bikes, so I really need a computer for each bike.

I guess I'm gonna have to rough it, buy some more sensors and see what happens.