Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Problem resetting altitude on Polar 720i

Started by trg · · Last activity · 5 posts · 639 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 June 2004
Last activity
25 June 2004
Original author
trg
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
639
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am unable to set the altitude on the watch to less than about 5000m. It
    physical refuses to go lower than that when I push the down button. The
    recalibrate function doesn't help.

    I haven't found a way to reset it via downlink either.

    Anyone have a solution?

    Thanks

  2. trg said:

    I am unable to set the altitude on the watch to less than about 5000m. It
    physical refuses to go lower than that when I push the down button. The
    recalibrate function doesn't help.

    I haven't found a way to reset it via downlink either.

    Anyone have a solution?

    Have you tried a complete reset? This will clear your date and time,
    but your records should still be intact. The reset button is between
    the two right buttons, you will need a pen to press it.

    Did you try an e-mail to Polar? They are very responsive to
    questions.
    --
    terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://bike.terrymorse.com/

  3. "Terry Morse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    trg said:

    I am unable to set the altitude on the watch to less than about 5000m.


    It

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    physical refuses to go lower than that when I push the down button. The
    recalibrate function doesn't help.

    I haven't found a way to reset it via downlink either.

    Anyone have a solution?

    Have you tried a complete reset? This will clear your date and time,
    but your records should still be intact. The reset button is between
    the two right buttons, you will need a pen to press it.

    Did you try an e-mail to Polar? They are very responsive to
    questions.
    --
    terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://bike.terrymorse.com/

    I'm not sure if this is a good idea to do a complete reset, then you have to
    enter all your data again. Polar does have a number to speak with a live
    tech person. I would do that first before the complete reset.
    -tom

  4. Tom Nakashima said:

    I'm not sure if this is a good idea to do a complete reset, then you have to
    enter all your data again.

    Only the date and time get whacked by a reset button press.

    Quoted message said:

    Polar does have a number to speak with a live
    tech person. I would do that first before the complete reset.

    Yes, that's a good idea. Asking Polar questions by e-mail also works
    well, if you don't mind the delay:

    [email hidden]

    --
    terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://bike.terrymorse.com/

  5. trg said:

    I am unable to set the altitude on the watch to less than about
    5000m. It physical refuses to go lower than that when I push the down
    button. The recalibrate function doesn't help.

    I haven't found a way to reset it via downlink either.

    Anyone have a solution?

    Thanks

    Thanks for the responses. I did a reset. I'm now back down to earth 🙂

    -trg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.