Problem: saddle tilting

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by mickeord, Aug 23, 2021.

1. mickeord

mickeord New Member

Hi!
    I have a Wilier 101 SR from 2014/2015 with a Wilier-branded Selle Italia and a Ritchey Super Logic post on top of the integrated seat post.
    Lately my saddle has started to tilt forward/downward in the nose as soon as a ride through a bump.
    I doesn't matter how hard I turn the index bolt.
    Desperate for a solution I tried a paste for carbon seat post (since it has granulated material) to stop the seat slipping. It didn't help.
    Anyone with an idea?
    (btw I tried to upload a photo via Imgur, but it didn't work).

Tags:

2. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Do you have the two bolt micro tilt type seat post?

Or the single bolt ribbed carriage type?

I had a single bolt carriage type on a bike, 2005 model. It started to slip down on the nose when I hit bumps. I tried several times to tighten but seems the ribs along the carriage got stripped or wore down so the tilt would not keep.

I ended up replacing the post with the two bolt micro adjust style and never looked back. Much better setup.

3. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

That seat post will NEVER stop rotating. What I did was to take some semi-coarse sandpaper and rub in in the through hole NOT to smooth anything out but to leave sand in the way. This works mostly but NOT all the way. The two screw microadjust post like https://www.ebay.com/itm/2938555867...0X9yVvdGY%2BvZSZkBTT|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524 are the only thing that works the way they're supposed to.