Problem shifting rear derailleur

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tf

I have a '99 Diamonback Zetec with STX-RC drivetrain except the rear derailleur is a Deore LX. The
cassette is a 8sp cassette and the shifter (STX-RC) has 8sp written on it. My problem is that it
only takes six shifts to go from highest to lowest or viceversa.

What wrong with my bike? I think it's shifting too much each time or it's skipping a gear somewhere.

Thanks for any help...

takufugi-<< I have a '99 Diamonback Zetec with STX-RC drivetrain except the rear derailleur is a
Deore LX. The cassette is a 8sp cassette and the shifter (STX-RC) has 8sp written on it. My problem
is that it only takes six shifts to go from highest to lowest or viceversa.

What wrong with my bike? I think it's shifting too much each time or it's skipping a gear somewhere.

Unhook the der cable from the rder and ensure te shifter has 7 clicks in it(8 speeds). Then turn the
barrell adjuster of the rder all the way in then a turn out. Attach the cable to the rder(BELOW the
bolt) and shift. Make sure the pulley moves one cog distance each click, If it moves too far, screw
the barrell adjuster in a wee bit. if this sounds like brain science or rocket surgery to you-go see
a bike shop-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Status
Not open for further replies.