Problem with aligning Time Impact cleats on Sidi shoes

elricko

Jul 6, 2005
Hi all,

Having an issue here.

I have a pair of Sidi Genius 3 shoes, which I have been normally using Look cleats.

Have been trying the time impact pedals, but I am having major difficulty getting the ball of my foot lined up correctly.

The shoes have the look adapter plate, and I just cannot get the ball of my foot lined up - the cleat does not have the range of movement (where the screws line up).

I am sure that I am doing something REALLY stupid.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance

I actually found the same problem. I found I could not "rotate" the Time Impact cleat as much as Look cleats allowed. For the most part, the Impacts were still great for me, but after a while it started to bother me a bit. To fix my issues, I bought a set of Look Keo's--no problems since then.

I have the same set up , Genius 3 / Impact Mag.

I did not find the aligning of the cleat-plate with the shoe a problem , but in using the pedals the first few times, it was a definite change from going from my Time Mag. Equipe Pro's... 2001 pedals . I believe the Impacts have a bit less contact surface... so thats what was getting to me.

Hope everything works out for you. ;)

I'm looking at SIDI shoes, however I also want a shoe with 4-hole mounting. I'm sick of the 3-hole to 4-hole conversion brackets. The Sidi site isn't very informative (photos, descriptions, etc) about which shoes do have 4-hole mountings. Can anyone help? Lists, etc?

Would be very grateful. :) Might even send you my old shoes! :)