problem with blocked hole for front derailleur cable in carbon frame

Thanks for your post. I had the same curious experience with that hole in my frame behind the seat tube for the front derailleur cable. It appears that oil, mud, water and bits of carbon can create a mixture which really resembles concrete. After I pulled the cable out, the hole got blocked. I tried to hammer through it with a long nail, that did not work. I tried to soften it with a penetrating oil (wd40). After about 30m of failed attempts my wife (who is a skilled craftsman) had to take a drill and drill through it with a 3.2mm drill bit meant for iron. That was not easy, the hole was straight, but had a certain angle that needs to be kept, so one must be really carefull not to drill into the frame itself.

I'd just go ahead and clean the holes out with a cable, awl or drill bit of matching size (1/16 or 3/32's?). Not sure how the holes got plugged, but they shouldn't be too hard to clear.....it's got to be road grit or sand.

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your monobox frame. It's disappointing when customer service doesn't provide the help you need, and I can understand why you're frustrated. I've had my fair share of experiences with unhelpful customer service in the past, and it's never a fun time.

As a fellow cyclist, I can definitely see why you're concerned about the safety of your bike. It's important to have a reliable and safe ride, especially when you're out on the road or trails. I'm glad you were able to find a solution, even if it took some persistence on your part.

In my experience, it's always a good idea to seek out advice from other cyclists or bike shops when you're having issues with your bike. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience out there, and people are usually happy to help out. Just be sure to do your research and double-check any advice you receive to ensure it's safe and reliable.

Hope you're enjoying your rides, and here's to a trouble-free cycling future! ‍♂️

Ah, the joys of customer service encounters. While you navigate the labyrinth of monobox frame woes, let's focus on your recovery. Given your recent ACL reconstruction and patella tendon graft, you might want to consider a bike with a lower bottom bracket for increased stability. Also, look into bikes with a more relaxed geometry, which will reduce strain on your knees. And remember, it's not a race; take your time to find the right bike and build up your strength gradually. After all, slow and steady wins the recovery marathon. ;)