Problem with Garmin 305 edge

bikemonk

Jul 30, 2003
I bought this Garmin 305 about two weeks ago and everything worked fine. Today as I tried to download the ride to my computer, it said there was a problem and I should try again. Which I did. The same thing again. Trying the third time the unit itself does not turn itself on, the computer says there is no GPS connected and the whole thing is simply dead.

Has anyone encountered anything like that?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Tried to contact Garmin but their website is "strange". Can't get through for some reason.

bikemonk said:
I bought this Garmin 305 about two weeks ago and everything worked fine. Today as I tried to download the ride to my computer, it said there was a problem and I should try again. Which I did. The same thing again. Trying the third time the unit itself does not turn itself on, the computer says there is no GPS connected and the whole thing is simply dead.

Has anyone encountered anything like that?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Tried to contact Garmin but their website is "strange". Can't get through for some reason.

Something like this happened to me when I first bought mine. I pressed and held all the buttons down for 20seconds or so and the unit seemed to reset itself. I've never had it happen again. Mine connects fine, the only annoyance is that when I am near Sydney airport I get the occasional reading that I am doing 1000kmh. most annoying.

Cheers

Geoff