problem with HRM

trucker39

Jul 19, 2006
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right section, but i hope someone can advise.

I have a Polar CS200 HRM. Recently the heart rate has been very very erratic. It shows my HR at between 14% & 50% ish on a spin. The other aspects of the HRM are running normally as far as i can tell (Cad, Speed etc) so my battery isn't low, anyway i've less than 100 hours cycling on it. Might it be the battery on the transmitter? The electrodes are dampened at each use, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

try making it tighter across your chest.

trucker39 said:
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right section, but i hope someone can advise.

I have a Polar CS200 HRM. Recently the heart rate has been very very erratic. It shows my HR at between 14% & 50% ish on a spin. The other aspects of the HRM are running normally as far as i can tell (Cad, Speed etc) so my battery isn't low, anyway i've less than 100 hours cycling on it. Might it be the battery on the transmitter? The electrodes are dampened at each use, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

li rider said:
try making it tighter across your chest.
I've been steadily losing weight and I've come across this problem a few times this year. The newer straps are not as forgiving as the old.... You have to keep them snug.

Thanks to the majority of you who gave yourful advise! I replaced the battery and that seems to have sorted the problem. It must be an issue regarding the draining of the battery, but at least i'm up and working again. Thanks again.

One thing you could try if it happens again is try mixing up a water soluble salty gel and use that on your heart-strap. If I am having trouble with my HRM and then use some of the salty gel, it starts to work with no problems.

Make sure though that the gel is water-soluble, because if it isn't, you won't be able to get it off easily when you are done riding!:)