problem with panniers and racks

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by just us, May 31, 2008.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    In regard to the chains, were they just shite quality and/or inappropriate or were there wear pattern issues?

  2. terryc

    terryc Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:10:17 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

    > In regard to the chains, were they just shite quality and/or
    > inappropriate or were there wear pattern issues?

    *It was the time of change from 5 cogs to 6cogs to 7 cogs in rear cluster
    at the bottom end. Well Shimano and Sun Tour were bringing out clusters
    with closer cog spacing.

    It was the first offering of Sedi Sports Chains and AFAIK, they(the
    shipment) were just crap, complete and total. It was three new chains that
    I had purchased about a week before to match the new narow spaced cluster
    (7cogs?) and I was planning to rotate them every couple of days on the
    trip to bed them in.

    Basically, the whole link just decomposed to components, so I'd squeeze it
    all back together and another link would decompose somewhere different a
    few kilometres down the road.