Problem with rear hayes Hyd. Brakes

giantnrsfsrider

Aug 10, 2005
I am having a problem with a bike I got new, I believe my rear hydraulic brake is leaking right where the line connects to the assembly, this is because I am constantly feeling the handle get closer to the grips and it is now touching the grip...I have also taken it in three times now to a dealer and had it fixed or so I thought to find It leaking again...I am looking for suggestions on how to use them because I used to use regular v brakes, is there any difference in the way they are to be used? or could it be something like a gasket leaking, because i don't believe they have ever been rebuilt that would change any components inside, or else just the bolt type thing on the top connection. Please help ons again it leaks.

giantnrsfsrider said:
I am having a problem with a bike I got new, I believe my rear hydraulic brake is leaking right where the line connects to the assembly, this is because I am constantly feeling the handle get closer to the grips and it is now touching the grip...I have also taken it in three times now to a dealer and had it fixed or so I thought to find It leaking again...I am looking for suggestions on how to use them because I used to use regular v brakes, is there any difference in the way they are to be used? or could it be something like a gasket leaking, because i don't believe they have ever been rebuilt that would change any components inside, or else just the bolt type thing on the top connection. Please help ons again it leaks.
ahh find exactly where its leaking, if its where the hose goes into the caliper or lever take the nut out that holds the hose (you'll need to re-bleed after this) or get your bike shop to and put some teflon thread sealer or similar on it otherwise the hose may be damaged where it enters the caliper or lever, check the bleed nipple is tight...