problem with shifter for triple crank

joek201

Apr 19, 2005
I just bought a new Trek 2300 with ultegra components and a triple crank. I have a problem with the left brake shifter - it seems to get caught or stuck when I try to shift from a big ring to a smaller ring. (No problem going from low to high.) The low and high adjustment screws seem to be set OK. Any thoghts on how I can solve this problem would be appreciated. Yes, I know I can take the bike back to where I bought it which I will do if I can't find a "simple" fix that I can do myself.

joek201 said:
I just bought a new Trek 2300 with ultegra components and a triple crank. I have a problem with the left brake shifter - it seems to get caught or stuck when I try to shift from a big ring to a smaller ring. (No problem going from low to high.) The low and high adjustment screws seem to be set OK. Any thoghts on how I can solve this problem would be appreciated. Yes, I know I can take the bike back to where I bought it which I will do if I can't find a "simple" fix that I can do myself.
There could be a cable or casing issue.Being new, I'd take it back rather than fyck with it.

joek201 said:
Have you checked to see if the derailleur can be smoothly moved back and forth by hand when the tension is released (shifted to small chainring) and has reasonable spring? Also whether the cable is free?

joek201 said:
It's new, and you paid for a warranty, so why mess around? Just take it back and have the LBS fix it....that's their job.